10 steps to incorporating in Myanmar
- Our Client signs and returns the Healy Consultants engagement letter and settles the appropriate fees;
- To set up a business in Myanmar, our Client and Healy Consultants also agree upon a suitable company name and optimum corporate structure for Myanmar company registration, including shareholders, and directors. Healy Consultants also collects the required due diligence from our Client and details of the company’s intended activities;
- Depending on the company’s stated activities, the entity will have to be registered under the Myanmar Foreign Investment Law (MFIL) or the Myanmar Companies Act (MCA). Healy Consultants will advise the Client on which company incorporation process must be followed;
- To incorporate in Myanmar, Healy Consultants’ team performs a company name search with the relevant government agency and if approved, begins the company incorporation;
- Healy Consultants incorporation team applies to register the company at the Companies Registration Office (CRO) or the Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC). When our team receives the Certificate of Incorporation from the relevant agency, we will immediately email it to you;
- Healy Consultants compliance team prepares all post-incorporation documents, including minutes of the first meeting, preparation of By Laws, and issuance of initial share certificates;
- Healy Consultants provides our Client with a complete company kit, including: i) original Certificate of Incorporation ii) a bound copy of government approved Articles of Association iii) original share certificates and iv) an original government receipt as evidence of payment of annual company registration and license fees;
- Healy Consultants’ banking team completes corporate bank account opening for our Client. While the range of banking options in Myanmar is still limited, a number of foreign banks such as Standard Chartered have already opened representative offices in Yangon. Healy Consultants will assist in selecting the best Myanmar corporate banking option for you to set up a company in Myanmar;
- Healy Consultants can also provide our Client with a local business address in Myanmar for invoicing purposes, together with telephone, fax and email support. We can also help source business premises in Myanmar and recruit local staff;
- Following the completion of the engagement, Healy Consultants emails an Engagement Feedback Survey to our Client.
- Myanmar Foreign Minister explains why companies should invest in Myanmar
- Channel New Asia – 2014 FDI in Myanmar
View the complete guide to Myanmar company incorporation.
For additional information on Myanmar company formation, you can email us at email@example.com or phone us at (+65) 6735 0120. Address: Myawaddy Bank Luxury Complex, 4th floor, Apt. 401 Bo Gyoke Road cnr. Wa Dan Street, Lanmadaw Township, Yangon, Myanmar.