Australia resident director
Healy Consultants has helped many Clients register companies in Australia for a wide variety of purposes. A majority of our Clients request Healy Consultants to provide a resident director to fulfill Australia minimum officeholder requirements.
Why do I need a resident director?
- The Australia Corporations Act 2001 requires all registered or incorporated companies in Australia to appoint at least one individual director who is ordinarily resident in Australia;
- For public companies however, the minimum number of directors is increased to three, two of whom are required to be Australia residents;
- It can be challenging to find a professional local nominee director for a trading company given the obligations involved therefore we advise our Clients to exercise precaution before appointing a nominee.
How can Healy Consultants assist you to comply with this obligation?
- If requested by our Clients, Healy Consultants will be pleased to offer our nominee resident director services in order to meet this requirement. While our standard services are offered for 1 year, our Client may request Healy Consultants to terminate such services ahead of time, if they are able to appoint their own director;
- Healy Consultants will appoint a professional nominee as the resident director for our Client’s Australia company. The nominee will be a director of the company in name only and will not have other business responsibilities;
- Healy Consultants’ appointees will neither act as the bank signatory to the corporate bank account nor will they play an active role in our Client’s business;
- Healy Consultants’ appointees will merely serve as the company’s director in order to fulfill local statutory requirements. Our Client is solely responsible for daily business activities and solely responsible for corporate bank account activity.
Additional advantages of using our nominee services
- Appointing Healy Consultants as resident director minimizes inconvenience for our Clients when liaising with the Australian Taxation office and other government institutions;
- Appointing Healy Consultants as resident director can also help our Client maintain their personal privacy. This is advantageous to those Clients who value anonymity and would therefore not want their names to appear on the companies register.
- Healy Consultants’ annual resident director fee amounts to AU$5,910;