10 steps to incorporating a company in Canada
Incorporation of a company in Canada is straightforward and can be completed without Client travel. Healy Consultants registered agent and corporate secretary will complete the relevant procedures following the 10 steps detailed below:
- Healy Consultants discusses our Client’s requirements and highlights i) any potential licensing need and ii) whether any changes to the corporate structure and model articles of association are advisable;
- Healy Consultants will advise our Client on the business entity most suitable for their business;
- Healy Consultants also helps our Client to attain a registered office address, which is necessary for registration;
- Our team of experts will draft a detailed engagement plan for our Clients, detailing by week every step towards engagement completion in order to optimize work transparency and settle our Client’s expectations.
- After making sure all the documentation are in order and the company name is available, Healy Consultants will complete the Articles of Incorporation;
- After doing so, Healy Consultants will file the incorporation and business registration applications with the Corporations Canada;
- Within three weeks of submitting the relevant documents, the company will be incorporated. Following approval, we immediately email our Client with the certificate of incorporation and company extract.
- Once incorporated, the company can apply to apply for a corporate bank account. With Healy Consultants’ help, you need not have to travel to do so;
- If required, Healy Consultants can assist Clients to i) find business premises and recruit local and ii) expatriate staff by placing advertising campaigns in local publications. Additionally, Healy Consultants can also guide Clients through navigating the regulatory environment and obtaining the necessary licenses and visas in Canada;
- The process of registering a Canada company is now complete. Healy consultants will courier a full company kit to our Client and it includes i) the original corporate documents ii) unopened bank correspondence and iii) a feedback form.
Documents required for incorporation
Documents required include i) company name and business activity ii) corporation’s province in Canada iii) share structure and restrictions on share transfers and iv) details of directors.