Ecuador others

Interesting facts about Ecuador

    business etiquette during meeting in Ecuador
  1. The official currency in Ecuador is the US dollar since 2001;
  2. Ecuador is substantially dependent on its petroleum resources, which have accounted for more than half of the country’s export earnings;
  3. The official language in Ecuador is Spanish, in addition to some native languages spoken;
  4. 95% of Ecuador’s population is Roman Catholic and the other 5% is made up of members of various other religions;
  5. The country has many active and inactive volcanoes. Chimborazo is an inactive volcano that is the highest point in Ecuador;
  6. Ecuador is home to a wide variety of plants and animals. It has four UNESCO World Heritage Sites and 19% of the country is protected;
  7. The flag of Ecuador represents the diversity of the country (yellow), sky and sea (blue), and blood of those who fought for independence (red);
  8. Guinea pig is considered to be a delicacy in Ecuador;
  9. Majority of the balsa wood in the world comes from Ecuador.

Contact us

For additional information on our company registration services in Ecuador, please email us at email@healyconsultants.com. Alternatively please contact our in-house country expert, Mr. Petar Chakarov, directly:
client relationship officer - Petar
ecuador-bank ecuador-tourism ecuadorian american chamber of commerce ecuador ministry of finance ecuador public procurement