Business entities in Equatorial Guinea
Healy Consultants will assist our Clients with incorporating the optimal corporate structure in Equatorial Guinea. There are several ways of doing business in Equatorial Guinea, the most common being the setting up of a limited liability company (locally known as a SARL). Foreign entrepreneurs may also opt to set up a public limited company, a limited partnership or a branch office.
The Equatorial Guinea limited liability company (Société à Responsabilité Limitée – SARL)
- The Equatorial Guinea limited liability company (LLC) must appoint at least 1 director and 1 shareholder who can be of any nationality. If no director is residing in Equatorial Guinea, the company must however appoint a local representative. The minimum paid-up share capital required to complete the incorporation process is US$2000 (FCFA1 million);
- An Equatorial Guinea LLC must appoint an auditor to submit financial statements and an audit must be submitted every year Such entity must also maintain its accounting books in French at its registered office in Equatorial Guinea, according to the OHADA laws.
The Equatorial Guinea public limited company (Société anonyme – SA)
- This business entity requires a minimum capital of US$20,000 (FCFA10 million) which must be paid up in full prior to Equatorial Guinea company setup. At least 1 shareholder and 3 directors must be appointed, whom can be of any nationality. One local representative must also be appointed if no director is ordinarily residing in the country;
- The Equatorial Guinea public limited company (PLC) accounting books must be maintained in French at its registered office in Equatorial Guinea. If required, Healy Consultants will assist our Client to locate permanent office premises in Equatorial Guinea. Annual financial statements must be prepared and an audit must be submitted every year.
The Equatorial Guinea limited partnership (Société en commandite simple – S.C.S)
- This business entity requires a minimum capital of US$1 to complete Equatorial Guinea business setup. At least 2 partners and 1 managing director must be appointed, whom can be of any nationality. Partners of the limited partnership are jointly liable for the company’s debts up to the limit of their shares;
- The Equatorial Guinea limited partnership must appoint an auditor to prepare and submit annual financial statements annually. All incorporation documents must be submitted in French.
The Equatorial Guinea branch (Succursale)
Foreign corporations can register a branch in Equatorial Guinea. The scope of operations for this entity will be defined by the parent company. Also, the branch office must have a registered office in Equatorial Guinea as well as a resident agent appointed by the company to receive summons, notices etc. on behalf of the company.