Hong Kong offshore company
A Hong Kong offshore company will be setup as a paper company. Like its onshore counterpart, this entity can be incorporated with 1 director and 1 shareholder, and US$1 as the share capital. Furthermore, this entity affords our Clients several advantages, which are detailed below.
Why setup a Hong Kong offshore company?
- A Hong Kong offshore company serves as an excellent corporate vehicle to house global corporate profits, while legally minimizing taxation i.e. our Client’s company will be legally tax exempt if no trade is conducted within the city. Plus, there will be no capital gains tax, no withholding tax, no value added tax, no sales tax, and no accumulated earnings tax levied on the company income;
- An offshore company serves as the ideal gateway to Chinese market, along with the Indian and the Australian markets;
- Prevailing corporate tax rules in Hong Kong make the offshore entity the perfect holding company. Please refer to our tax planning page for more information on taxation strategies;
- Unlike some other low tax jurisdictions, Hong Kong based offshore company will not be perceived as tax avoidance mechanism. Consequently, it is easy to open corporate bank accounts globally for such a company. Internationally renowned banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered, and Citibank provide excellent corporate banking account services;
- The Hong Kong government makes it mandatory to list the company’s details on the Companies Registry for public viewing. However, in order to protect our Clients’ privacy, Healy Consultants offers nominee services i.e. our appointees can act as your company’s nominee shareholder and director if you wish to shield your identity from the public register;
- Offshore companies have several uses, including i) international trading ii) holding company iii) shipping company iv) owning real estate v) owning copyright and patents and vi) international consulting services.
Table comparing offshore and onshore companies
Healy Consultants services
Our firm will be pleased to provide the below mentioned services in order to support our Client’s Hong Kong offshore business:
- Healy Consultants offers virtual office services which include i) providing office space to Clients ii) providing a business address for invoicing purposes iii) phone, fax, and email support and iv) global call centre support;
- Assistance with opening an international corporate bank account featuring world-class multi-currency internet banking facilities. Our firm works with international banks, including HSBC, DBS, Citibank and Standard Chartered;
- Healy Consultants assists our Clients with obtaining corporate finance, trade finance and establishing international merchant account to support the company setup;
- Accounting and taxation support is a key service our firm provides to our Clients. This may include i) corporate structuring ii) assistance with minimizing withholding tax iii) preparing and filing tax returns and financial statements and iv) assistance with payroll and investments;
- Our firm provides HR support for a Hong Kong offshore firm, including assistance with obtaining employment and entrepreneur visas in any country;