Job description/ Responsibilities
Manage all office incoming communications
- Acting as first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the company therefore meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate.
- Managing online LivePerson and Skype.
- Dealing with incoming email and supervising the post as well as couriers.
Help the Managing Director
- Organizing healthy lunch for the director;
- Be a task terminator. Complete tasks fast with minimal supervision;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Organizing and maintaining the managing director’s diaries and manage his appointments and phone calls.
- Organizing travel, visas and accommodation for the director whenever required.
- Twice a week email status updates to the managing director.
Help the office staff
- Manage petty cash and budgets;
- Blocking spam callers;
- Keep office clean and tidy;
- Booking board rooms and preparing for meetings at a moment’s notice;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
Help the Managing Director with supervising staff
- Gently, push staff complete their monthly task sheet;
- Email the MD with progress of outstanding ideas implementation;
- Preparing quotations whenever necessary;
- Being involved in decision-making processes.
Help the other staff members
- Help HR Manager with HR responsibilities;
- Help Business Development Manager with business development tasks;
- Help Social Media Manager with social media tasks;
- Work with the events department to co-ordinate venues and required office equipment and staff whenever necessary;
- Typing and printing letters, documents and reports;
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- Devise and maintain office systems, and make sure all essential office supplies are available at all times;
- Virtual office management for clients;
- Monitor country page rankings.
Monthly responsibilitiesConfirm via email to the MD:
- That the website was backed up to the cloud and to the shared drive;
- All website telephone numbers are working;
- The spreadsheet of staff leave
Measure of success
- Lots done fast and easily;
- Minimal input from the MD;
- Zero drama.
Requirements for this position
- Organisation – the PA should be able to terminate tasks effectively and with minimal supervision from the director and should be able to prioritise efficiently.
- Problem Solver – The PA must be able to give solutions to problems with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills – PA needs to be a good verbal and written communicator with a pleasant, yet professional manner. The PA should talk to staff and make the office better and also try and keep clients happy.
- Multi tasking – PA’s should be able to help other staff with their tasks in addition to the daily, weekly and monthly tasks. The PA should therefore be IT and internet savvy. Must also monitor country page rankings on Google and send weekly reports to the director.
- Good grooming – The PA must ensure that the office is clean and fresh and looks professional to clients at all times.