India employment visas
Both foreign professionals and investors need to apply for a work permit in order to be allowed to work in India and relocate in the country. Healy Consultants is ready to proficiently guide our Clients through the application process with the Indian Bureau of Immigration. Different visas solutions can be actioned: please find more information on each of them below:
Short term visit visas (business and tourism visas)
- Foreign entrepreneurs and executives of a multinational willing to register a company in India can submit an application for a business visa. This visa also allows them to visit the country to conduct non-remunerated work, for instance finding office premises, meeting with their customers, business partners and suppliers;
- While this visa can be issued for up to 5 years and include multiple entries, it does not allow its holder to live and conduct remunerated work in India;
- Alternatively, a visitor (tourist) visa can be issued for a maximum period of 6 months. Citizens of certain countries such as France, Germany and Luxembourg can obtain a visa for a period of up to 5 years. Furthermore, US citizens will be eligible for tourist visa for up to 10 years;
- Documents to be submitted at the Embassies or High Commissions for visa issuance will include i) a valid passport ii) proof of India company formation (if applicable) and iii) proof of financial standing and proof of travel medical insurance.
Employment Visas (E visas)
- Employment visas (or ‘E’ visas) are granted to i) foreign employees working in India; ii) foreign paid interns in an India resident company and iii) foreigners volunteering in an NGO;
- Minimum annual salary of each applicant must be above US$25,000;
- Documents to be submitted to the India Burau of Immigration include: i) a valid passport; ii) employer sponsorship letter and an employment contract iii) employee’s educational and professional credentials and iv) proof of India company formation;
- Foreign employees can obtain employment visa for a period of up to 3 years, which can later be extended for a total stay of up to 5 years;
- To be eligible to work in in India, applicants must further must register with the Foreign Regional Registration Office upon arrival in the country.
Alternative visa optionsOther than the visa mentioned above, the following specialty visa apply to descendants of Indian citizens as listed below:
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO Card) – The PIO scheme applies to people of Indian origin, defined through their birth or residency, or that of their parents or grandparents and offers a long-term Indian visa solution. PIO cards are granted for a period of fifteen years, and allow their holders to enjoy visa free travel in and out of India. PIO cards allow their holders to freely engage in work or study in India and after the minimum seven-year residency requirement the option to apply for Indian citizenship is available;
- Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) – Overseas citizenship of India allows Persons of Indian Origin who have obtained citizenship of another nation, to acquire long-term leave to remain in India.
Our relocation support servicesInternational entrepreneurs find migration to India straightforward thanks to Healy Consultants’ comprehensive relocation services. Kindly find below more information with regards to our services:
- Assistance to confirm the correct type of visa and document collection of required visa due diligence set;
- Liaison and submission of Indian employment and residence visa application with the Bureau of Immigration;
- Healy Consultants helps entrepreneurs to obtain dependent visas for their family members. We can also assist to find a home for their family and a school and other amenities for their children.