Kazakhstan employment and residence visas
- All immigration to Kazakhstan is controlled by the federal government through the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in Kazakhstan. The Kazakhstan government welcomes foreigners and grants tourist visas easily. Kazakh work permits can be obtained with some difficulty and may require an invitation and/or an application for a license and permit of employment. Healy consultants will assist our Client with all business immigration matters;
- Kazakhstan has a simplified procedure for obtaining visas for nationals of certain countries. Nationals of these countries do not require an invitation when applying for a single-visit business visa. These countries include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, USA, United Arab Emirates, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Malta, Cyprus, Slovenia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and the Sultanate of Oman. Nationals from all other countries require an invitation when applying for a business visa, as do all nationals when applying for a multiple-entry visa.
Following Kazakhstan company formation, the multiple-entry Kazakh business visa will be approved if the applicant can provide a letter from the host organization in Kazakhstan, alongside their application form and a valid passport.
Employees receive a Kazakhstan work visa. The applicant should have an invitation from a company registered in Kazakhstan and an employment contract for a period of more than 3 months. In addition, the inviting company must provide a cover letter summarizing the purpose of the visit and information about the company.
Kazakhstan corporate banking options
- To receive the best customer service and to be legally compliant, Healy Consultants recommends Kazakhstan banking with either Citibank Kazakhstan or BTA Bank Kazakhstan;
- The Kazakhstan government and other official bodies engage in significant currency control measures to curb devaluation of the national currency, the tenge. A person may freely hold, use and transfer funds in foreign currencies, though the tenge has been stable in value over the past 10 years;
- Healy Consultants assists our Client with opening a corporate bank account with Citibank Kazakhstan or BTA Bank. Our Client deposits the paid up share capital of US$800 and supplies Healy Consultants with a certificate of deposit and bank statement;
- Where possible, Healy Consultants’ bank account opening team will liaise with the bank to prevent our Client having to travel for an account opening interview.