Kuwait employment visas
Kuwait offers two type of visas for people conducting businesses in the country: i) work visa and ii) resident visa. The first type is the category applied to the majority of cases, as a resident visa is only applicable for employees already holding a work visa.
We at Healy Consultants will assist our Clients to prepare the application and submit it to the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor. To date, we enjoy 100% visa approval record.
- Entry Visa: before receiving a work visa in Kuwait, an Entry Visa must be issued to the employee be allowed entrance in the country. The visa is valid for entry within the 90 days after its issue, and for a stay of up to 30 days. Nationals from the GCC states are allowed to enter and live in the country without big formalities. Apart from future Work Visa holders, the following cases must also apply for an Entry Visa, all of which require a sponsor Kuwait national:
- Family visits;
- Medical Treatment Visas;
- Dependents Visas, which can only be issued once the male holder has gotten his own Visa. A Dependent Visa will only be issued for working employees with salary above KD450 (US$1,475) a month. Dependents are not allowed to work under such Visa.
- Work Visa: Work Visas cannot be issued without a sponsorship of a company in Kuwait. The application is submitted to the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor by the employer on behalf of the employee, which will issue the necessary paperwork for the employee to submit with the Embassy in its resident country;
- Resident Visa: Resident Visas can only be applied by foreigners that already carry a work visa. The visa will be issued for a maximum of 5 years, on a case-to-case basis. The Visa has to be renewed by employee and sponsor once expired;
- Tourist Visa: All tourists are required to apply for a single-entry Tourist Visa, which is valid for a period of up to 3 months depending on the person’s nationality. The visa can be obtained on arrival for selected countries, or can be applied through the embassy or online through the e-Visa website.
Frequently asked questions
- How long will a Kuwait visa be issued for business purposes?
A Kuwait business visa is issued short-term to entrepreneurs flying regularly into the country. While, this visa will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue, it only allows the entrepreneurs to stay in the country for a continuous period of 1 month. Healy Consultants may also assists our Clients with applying for a resident visa after Kuwait company formation.