10 steps to incorporating in Malta
Malta company incorporation is a straightforward process and can be completed within 2 weeks, without our Client travelling to the country. Healy Consultants will complete all the incorporation procedures and bank account opening on their behalf. Standard steps include:
- Consultation: Before starting the Malta company incorporation process, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees ii) signs and returns our Client engagement letter and iii) provides us the required due diligence documents;
- Engagement planning: Once the exact corporate structure is agreed with our Client, Healy Consultants then drafts a detailed Malta incorporation project plan, mapping out by week each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency and setting our Client expectations by explaining how we incorporate a Malta company;
- Company name: Thereafter, Healy Consultants i) reserves the company name with the Registry of Companies and ii) drafts the company M&AA and sends it to the Client for signature.
- Payment of share capital: The minimum issued share capital required for a Maltese company is €1,165 of which at least 20% must be paid up before company incorporation. We will assist our Client open a local corporate bank account to deposit this amount;
- Document preparation: Once we secure the share capital deposit from a local Malta bank, our registered agent will draft the company memorandum and articles of association and email incorporation forms for our Client’s signature and courier return to then submit the same to the Registry of Companies;
- Trade license: Once the Malta company incorporation is complete, Healy Consultants will obtain a Trade License from the Commerce Department of the Trade Licensing Unit;
- Tax registration: Healy Consultants will then obtain a Tax Identification Number (TIN) from the Inland Revenue Department.
- EU-VAT: Our Clients wishing to do business in the EU through the Maltese company will most likely need to apply for EU VAT. Healy Consultants will assist with the same;
- Employer registration: If our Client’s company wants to hire employees in Malta, we will obtain an Employer Identification Number (called the PE) with the Inland Revenue Department and subsequently register all local employees with the Employee Training Corporation;
- Engagement completion: Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers the full company setup kit to our Client including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence, and a Client feedback survey.
Important documents to register a Maltese company
- Attested passport copies for the proposed shareholders and directors;
- Certified company documents for all corporate shareholders;
- A legalized Power of Attorney to Healy Consultants’ registered agent to act on their behalf for company registration and bank account opening;
- The Maltese company’s Memorandum of Association including details of i) all shareholders, directors, company secretary, legal representatives, ii) registered address, iii) share capital allocation and iv) the nature of the business activities.