When structured properly, company registration in Marshall Islands is an ideal, tax-efficient way to conduct international business. Further information can also be found in this Marshall Islands incorporation guide.
Advantages of Marshall Islands company registration
- If properly structured, setting up an offshore company in Marshall Islands is a legitimate way to book international profits without paying tax. The Marshall Islands is an ideal jurisdiction to establish a holding or Marshall Islands investment company;
- Under the Marshall Islands business incorporations act, a minimum of one shareholder and one director is required for Marshall Islands business setup. They need not be resident in the Marshall Islands, and can be of any nationality;
- There is no public Marshall Islands registered company disclosing shareholders’ and directors’ details;
- There are no minimum capital requirements for Marshall Islands company formation;
- Following Marshall islands company incorporation, it is not necessary to submit annual financial statements and tax returns to the government;
- It is simple to open global corporate bank accounts to support Marshall Islands business setup. Healy Consultants works with internationally recognised banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered and Citibank to provide corporate bank account services;
- Marshall Islands company incorporation can be completed in 7 days and our Client will not need to travel to complete the engagement;
- Company registration in Marshall Islands requires one shareholder, a minimum of only one director and one company secretary, who can be a natural person or a body corporate.
Disadvantages of Marshall Islands company registration
- The Marshall Islands may be perceived as an offshore tax-haven;
- The Marshall Islands ranks poorly as the 106th least easy place to do business, according to the 2012 Doing Business Survey by the World Bank.