Although Sharjah business start up is complex, Healy Consultants’ expertise related to forming a business in Sharjah is highly valued by our Clients, who appreciate our logical and transparent approach to establishing a business in Sharjah. The following is an overview of the key challenges of Sharjah business start up:
- Despite its challenges, Sharjah business start up is attractive for foreign investors seeking a viable, lower-cost alternative to its neighbour, Dubai;
- Forming a business in Sharjah is legitimate way to book tax-exempt international profits. In addition, there are no capital gains or personal income taxes in Sharjah;
- Investors establishing a business in Sharjah to conduct both local and international trade choose a limited liability company (LLC). Through a Sharjah LLC foreign investors obtain government trade licenses, work and residence permits, rent Sharjah business premises, and open a local corporate bank accounts. However, a Sharjah LLC requires a minimum 51% shareholding by UAE citizens, must rent a physical office in Sharjah and has high minimum capital requirements of US$41,000, which must be paid during Sharjah business start up;
- Investors forming a business in Sharjah through a Sharjah free zone company can fully own the company. For more information, visit our Sharjah company formation page;
- Investors forming a business in Sharjah through a Sharjah branch company can fully own the entity and avoid an annual audit;
- The Hamriyah free zone is option for entrepreneurs interested in starting a business in Sharjah;
- Despite the complexity of establishing a business in Sharjah, Healy Consultants ensures procedures are completed efficiently, using the following as a chronological guide:
- Prior to Sharjah business start up, our Clients settles our fees and signs Healy Consultants engagement letter;
- Healy Consultants provides a detailed engagement plan related to forming a business in Sharjah;
- Healy Consultants completes Sharjah business start up with the corporate structure as agreed with our Client;
- Healy Consultants opens a local or international multi-currency corporate bank account for our Client after establishing a business in Sharjah;
- After forming a business in Sharjah, Healy Consultants emails an engagement feedback survey to our Client.
- Healy Consultants offers a wide range of services to support Sharjah business start up, including:
- After forming a business in Sharjah, Healy Consultants will open a local or international corporate bank account with a leading retail bank in Sharjah, such as HSBC, Standard Chartered, and Citibank;
- After establishing a business in Sharjah, Healy Consultants prepares business plans, conducts market research, and draws up feasibility studies for Clients;
- Following Sharjah business start up, Healy Consultants handles statutory accounting formalities on behalf of the company;
- After forming a business in Sharjah, Healy Consultants assists Clients to locate suitable office premises in Sharjah or elsewhere in the UAE, and/or provides virtual office services to enable them to avoid the high costs of renting an office in Sharjah;
- After establishing a business in Sharjah, Healy Consultants assists our Client to obtain corporate finance, trade finance, and open merchant accounts.
View the complete guide to Sharjah company incorporation.