Public relations officer requirement in Oman
All types of Oman companies planning to hire local or bring foreign staff in the country need to appoint a resident Public Relations Officer (PRO). Thereafter, this individual will act as liaison between the company and various Government Authorities, labor and tax agencies. Public relation officers in Oman have the following responsibilities:
Public Relations Officer responsibilities
- Processing and submission of applications for business visas on behalf of the company to the Ministry of Manpower;
- Visa renewals and cancelations processing;
- Collection of Labor cards from the Royal Oman Police;
- Due diligence collection in a manner approved by the Omani Government;
- Keeping track of changes in Omani Company and Labour laws and regulations;
- Communication with Government entities and organizations in Arabic;
- Representation and communication of the local company to the Ministry of Finance;
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies.
Public Relations Officer skillset
Each Public Relations Officer in Oman must boast the following professional skills:
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of Omani Company and Labor cores;
- Ability to process different immigration procedures in accordance to local regulations;
- Proficient handling of Arabic and English languages;
- Due diligence collection and preparation skills;
- Ability to operate online immigration and labor systems operated by the Government.
Healy Consultant’s PRO services
- To minimize complexity and costs, in most cases Healy Consultants Group PLC recommends our Client appoint an already existing Oman staff member already citizen of Oman;
- If our Client wishes Healy Consultants Group PLC to supply a professional resident Public Relations Officer, our fee to find and appoint such staff member of your Firm amounts to US$950;
- Thereafter, the monthly wage of this employee will be paid directly by our Client on the basis of the background experience of the officer and current labor market conditions. An estimate for a monthly public relations officer salary in Oman amounts to US$1,100.