Public relations officer requirement in Oman
All Omani companies planning to hire local or foreign employees in the Sultanate must first appoint an Omani resident Public Relations Officer (PRO) to act as liaison between the company and various Government Authorities including labour and tax agencies.
Public Relations Officer responsibilities
- Processing and submission of applications for business visas on behalf of the company to the Ministry of Manpower;
- Collection of Labor cards from the Royal Oman Police and processing of visa renewals and cancelations for employees;
- Collecting due diligence documentation for applicants in accordance with the Omani Government regulations;
- Liaison with Government agencies and organizations in Arabic and keeping track of changes in Omani Company and Labour laws and regulations;
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies as well as representing the local company at the Ministry of Finance.
Public Relations Officer skillset
- The individual must have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of Omani Company and Labour laws and regulations;
- Proficient in i) writing and speaking both Arabic and English languages and ii) due diligence collection and preparation;
- Ability to process different immigration procedures in accordance with local regulations;
- Ability to operate and process online immigration and labor systems and platforms operated by the Government.
Healy Consultant’s PRO services
- To minimize complexity and costs, Healy Consultants Group PLC recommends our Client appoint an already existing Oman staff member who is an Omani national;
- If our Client wishes Healy Consultants Group PLC to supply a professional resident Public Relations Officer, our one-time fee to find and appoint such staff member of your Firm amounts to US$950;
- Following appointment, the monthly wage of this employee will be paid directly by our Client based on the experience of the officer and current labor market conditions. An estimate for a monthly public relations officer salary in Oman amounts to US$1,100.