Pakistan employment visas
Foreign professionals need to have a valid visa, in order to be eligible for work in the country. Applications can be sent to the various Pakistan missions abroad, which will then be referred to the Ministry of Interior. Healy Consultants will guide our Clients through the application process. Our fee for this service is US$3,950. Different applicable visa are as follows:
- Individuals wishing to be self-employed will apply for a work visa after their Pakistani company has been incorporated. This visa will be issued for a period of 1 year, which will be extended for a yearly basis;
- This application will be applied through the Board of Investment for verification of company incorporation and will then, be referred to the Ministry of Interior. The average time for processing this application will be 4 months;
- Documents to be submitted will include i) a valid passport ii) completed visa application form iii) completed personal details form iv) proof of company incorporation v) business activities of the company vi) original photographs and vii) payment slip for confirming the application fee has been paid.
- Foreign nationals wishing to be employed in Pakistan will apply for a work visa. This visa will also be issued for a period of 1 year and will be extended for a yearly basis;
- Documents to be submitted will include i) a valid passport ii) completed visa application form iii) completed personal details form iv) sponsorship letter from the company v) original photographs vi) profile of the company vii) employment contract viii) resume of the employer on the company’s letterhead and ix) payment slip for confirming the application fee has been paid;
- Like the entrepreneur work visa, this visa will also be referred to the Board of Investment by the embassies which will then will forwarded to the Ministry of Interior. The average time for processing this application will also be 4 months.
- A short-term visa can be granted for i) tourism and ii) business purposes. While a tourist visa can be granted for a period of up to 6 months, a business visa will be granted for 3 months;
- A tourist visa can be granted for a period of 3 months and can be extended for another 3 months upon request;
- Business men/women from the attached 66 countries can get visa on arrival for 3 months by producing one of the following documents: i) a recommendation from the chamber of commerce and industry in the applicant’s country ii) invitation letter from a Pakistani entity and iii) recommendation letter from the commercial attaché in the Pakistani mission in the applicant’s country. Entrepreneurs from other countries can apply for a 1 month visa at the Pakistani mission abroad with one of the aforementioned documents.
Pakistan corporate banking options
|International Bank||Local Banks|
|HSBC Pakistan||Muslim Commercial Bank|
|SCB Pakistan||National Bank of Pakistan|
|Citibank Pakistan||Bank Alfalah|
- To receive the best customer service and to be legally compliant, Healy Consultants recommends banking with Muslim Commercial Bank Ltd to support a Pakistan resident setup. This bank is the only entity capable of allowing foreign investors to pay the relevant fees involved in forming a Pakistan company formation;
- As part of Pakistan company formation engagement, Healy Consultants assists our Client in opening a corporate bank account with MCB Ltd. Our Client deposits the required funds to cover the fees that must be paid from an MCB bank account (about US$100) and supplies Healy Consultants with a certificate of deposit and bank statement;
- Healy Consultants will be pleased to open a Pakistan corporate bank account for our Clients. Our fee for this service is US$3,950. Our Client will not have to travel for this engagement. It is a time consuming task, Healy Consultants will shelter our Client from the administrative challenges. As you can appreciate, it is a difficult task to obtain bank account approval through a newly formed company, when shareholders and directors and bank signatories reside overseas. Healy Consultants will prepare a business plan for the bank to optimize the probability of corporate bank account approval;;
- Islamic Banking is a good option for Islamic bank account holders, as there are no restrictions on repatriation between international Sharia bank accounts.