10 steps to incorporating in Spain
- Before Healy Consultants provides our Clients with Spain business incorporation services, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees ii) signs our Client Engagement letter and iii) provides us all the due diligence documents (passport copies, proof of address, and details of the company’s intended activities);
- Healy Consultants drafts an in-depth engagement project plan describing the Spain incorporation procedure and how Healy Consultants will complete them on our Client behalf. This plan will map out a weekly plan until engagement completion, optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Thereafter, our Client and Healy Consultants come to an agreement regarding the ideal corporate structure including shareholders and directors. Healy Consultants performs a company name check and if available, registers the company name and applies for a Certificate of Uniqueness;
- Healy Consultants prepares the Spanish incorporation documents for Client signature and courier return;
- Healy Consultants’ banking experts assist our Clients open a corporate account in Spain. Our Client will deposit the firm’s share capital of at least €3,000 into the bank account, and provide Healy Consultants the bank certificate of deposit;
- Following this, Healy Consultants i) incorporates the company in Spain ii) drafts a public deed of incorporation before a notary public and iii) submits an in depth application to the Central Mercantile Registry. Our Client will not be required to travel for the company incorporation process;
- Healy Consultants will i) submit the statement at the start of business activity (Declaración Censal de Inicio de Actividad) and ii) register for VAT to obtain the Tax Identification Code (CIF – Código de Identificación Fiscal) from the Spanish tax authorities (Delegación Provincial de la Agencia Estatal de la Administración Tributaria) iii) Tax registration certificate and iv) identity and tax identification of the shareholders;
- Healy Consultants i) pays the Asset Transfer and Legal Documented Acts Tax (stamp duty of 1% of the initial share capital) and ii) submit a notification of start of operations at the local municipality;
- Healy Consultants assists our Clients’ activate the internet banking facility;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a company kit folder, to our Client’s preferred international address, containing the following corporate documents including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Frequently asked questions
Is a company secretary required for Spain company incorporation?No. A company secretary will not be required when our Clients incorporate a Spain company.
What are the minimum capital requirements when incorporating a company in Spain?When incorporating in Spain, €3,000 will be required for starting an LLC while €60,000 will be required for a PLC.
What Spain incorporation services can Healy Consultants offer my firm?As Spain incorporation service providers, Healy Consultants will assist our Clients with i) company registration ii) business license registration iii) immigration solutions iv) employment strategies v) business banking solutions and vi) office rental requirements.
How long does the incorporation process take?Spain company incorporation process will take 3 weeks for completion.
Are there any business restrictions for foreigners when incorporating in Spain?No. Foreigners incorporating in Spain face no restrictions as to the type of business activity they can perform.