Sweden employment visas
Citizens from the European Union and Nordic countries will not be required to secure a visa in order to work in Sweden. Healy Consultants will assist our Clients by preparing the visa application and submitting it to the local Swedish embassy. Our fee for this service is €3,950. To date, we enjoy a 100% visa approval record.
- Entrepreneurs who wish to proceed with Sweden company formation can thereafter choose to apply for a residence permit, if all conditions are met;
- Healy Consultants will assist our Clients with preparing the application and submitting the relevant documents at the Swedish embassy/consulate;
- The approved permit will be valid for 2 years after which our Client can apply for an extension.
- Foreign individuals will apply for a work permit for the purpose of employment in Sweden. Documents to be submitted will include i) valid passport ii) employer’s letter of sponsorship iii) copies of employment contract and iv) medical certificate;
- The approval process, on an average, takes 2 weeks if the application is filed online or 6 weeks if the application is submitted on paper.
- This visa is issued for 3 months for the purpose of either tourism or short-term business, for instance by entrepreneurs willing to supervise Sweden business formation procedures. Documents required are i) valid passport ii) bank statements to prove that the entire trip is covered iii) medical health insurance and iv) documents declaring purpose of the visit.
Sweden corporate banking options
Healy Consultants will assist our Clients with opening a corporate banking account in Sweden. Our services will include preparing all the requisite documentation and then submitting them to the bank. If required, our representative will attend the account opening interview on your behalf. Please find below more information regarding business banking in Sweden.
- The Swedish banking market comprises of 117 different entities, which include a mix of foreign banks, savings banks, co-operative banks and banking companies. Out of these, Swedbank, Handelsbanken, Nordea Bank and SEB control 75% of the market share;
- Several international banks like Citibank and Standard Chartered have set up either branches or representative offices in the country. The largest international bank in Sweden is the Danske Bank, which is also the 5th largest bank in the country;
- Swedish banks offer an excellent range of corporate and personal banking products including multiple currencies, internet and telephone banking, checking accounts, saving accounts, debit and credit cards, fixed term deposit and wealth management services;
- Based on our decade of experience of working in Sweden, Healy Consultants recommends our Clients to opt for the following banks: Nordea Bank, Forex Bank and Swedbank;
- Sweden has an excellent reputation with the Financial Action Task Force. Sweden is not currently on the FATF blacklist, nor the OECD ‘blacklist’ of tax havens.
Healy Consultants services
- Healy Consultants bank account opening team can open the corporate account within 3 weeks and obtain internet banking approval within the subsequent 2 weeks. Our fee for this service will be US$2,950;
- While our experts will liaise with the banks to prevent our Clients from travelling for the interview, there is still a 50% chance that the bank may require our Clients to travel for a one hour interview. There will be a fee discount of US$500 if you have to travel;
- Following bank account approval, the preferred Swedish bank will directly and independently email our Client the corporate bank account number.
- Swedish banks are willing to provide finance to local companies if the following conditions are met i) good business-plan ii) availability of security iii) experience of business owners iv) last 3 years audited financial statements v) realistic feasibility study and vi) project strength and weaknesses analysis (SWOT);
- We also assist our Clients secure trade finance services in Sweden including i) bank guarantees ii) letters of credit iii) finance against trust receipt and iv) document against payment and against acceptance;
- Healy Consultants will help our Clients obtain corporate finance in the form of a loan, overdraft or simply preferential credit terms.
Foreign exchange controls
- The Swedish Government imposes no foreign exchange controls to hinder the repatriation of funds from the country;
- However, banks are still mandated to report all cross-border monetary transactions above €16,300 to the Swedish tax agency. This is done in order to disrupt money laundering activities.