Taiwan employment visas
- Business visa – A business visa is available for foreign nationals who intend to conduct business activities in Taiwan. A Taiwan business visa is valid for 1 month and requires a proof of business letter to be submitted;
- Visitor visa – Visitor visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months. This type of visa normally permits a single entry only unless a higher fee is paid. This visa can be obtained on arrival or through any Taiwanese embassy, consulate or other diplomatic mission. Only 39 countries have visa-exempt entry to Taiwan for their citizens;
- Residence visa – Residence visas are issued to foreign nationals staying in Taiwan for more than six months. Holders of this Taiwan visa are required to apply for an alien residence certificate and re-entry permit at the national immigration agency’s nearest service centre within 15 days from the date of arrival. This type of visa is ideal for families migrating to Taiwan.
Taiwan corporate banking options
- Healy Consultants will be pleased to open a Taiwan corporate account without travel. It is a time consuming task, from the administrative challenges of which Healy Consultants will shelter our Client. As you can appreciate, it is difficult to obtain bank account approval through a newly formed company when shareholders and directors and bank signatories reside overseas. Healy Consultants will prepare a business plan for the bank to optimize the probability of bank account approval. There is a 75% probability that the banks will request the bank signatory to travel for a one hour bank interview. Healy Consultants will try its best to negotiate with the bank for a travel exemption. If our Client must travel for account opening, Healy Consultants will refund our Client US$1,150;
- If our Client is not comfortable with a Taiwanese corporate bank account, Healy Consultants can open an international bank account outside of Taiwan. Examples include London, New York, Germany, Bulgaria, South Africa, Australia, or Dubai. Our fee for this service is US$2,950 without travel or US$2,550 with travel. All banks will be top tier banks in these countries with excellent internet banking services,
- The banks enjoys ultimate power of approval of bank account applications. Consequently, guaranteed success is outside of Healy Consultants’ control. What is inside our control is the preparation and submission of a high quality bank application that maximizes the likelihood of approval. To date, we enjoy a 100% approval record because of our global banking relationships and determination.
- Global banks continue to tighten account opening procedures, their internal compliance departments completing more thorough due diligence of Clients. Consequently, our Clients should expect the bank account approval period to take up to 4 weeks. Furthermore, global banks now require evidence of proof of business in the country where the corporate account will be, including sales contracts or lease agreement;
- Where possible, Healy Consultants’ bank account opening team will liaise with the bank to prevent our Client having to travel for an account opening interview;
- Healy Consultants recommends international banks for most corporate account solutions. International banks in Taiwan include HSBC, Standard Chartered, and Citibank. Local banks for corporate banking in Taiwan include the Bank of Taiwan, Chang Hwa Bank, and Mega International Commercial Bank;
- To support and form a company in Taiwan, Healy Consultants assist Clients with trade finance tasks including arranging i) bank guarantees ii) letters of credit iii) finance against trust receipt iv) document against payment and against acceptance;
- Taiwan offers a high level of corporate bank account facilities. These include multiple currencies, internet banking, telephone banking, checking accounts, saving accounts, debit and credit cards, fixed term deposits, and wealth management services.