Umme Hani Afsana (Lamiya) | Human Resources and Wellness Officer
I joined Healy Consultants Group PLC in September 2020 as an HR Intern. Prior to that, I was a full-time college student, doing part time jobs. Now I use my HR expertise to assist Healy Consultants’ Dubai office.
My business goals
- To ensure all HR requirements are fulfilled.
- To create a fun-filled environment for our team to work in.
- Onboard necessary HR procedures as and when required.
My daily work schedule
- Assist in recruitment, shortlisting quality candidates, arranging calls with them to better screen their profiles.
- Answering any HR-related emails and queries.
- Conduct team building and wellness activities for the offices.
- Assist with visa applications and renewals for Dubai staff.
- Assist the Senior HR Manger to streamline HR processes and conduct induction training sessions for new staff.
- Assisting in onboarding of new staff, collecting KYC and due diligence documents.
- Maintaining leave spreadsheets.
- Assisting the front desk officer as and when required.
- Suggest improvements to HR procedures and processes.
The most interesting work I ever did
I worked as a check-in employee for various cruises, and I met people from around the world. Language barriers sometimes meant that I had to try to communicate with them by sign language!
The most rewarding work I ever did
I prepared a business plan for MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) designed for health-conscious people. My team had to pitch an idea to our professors and convince them that our product would be a good investment. We contacted suppliers, received samples, designed business cards, developed an app, and prepared an estimated budget of production.
- Binge watching TV shows.
- Cooking gourmet dishes.
- Filming and editing content for my blogging page.
- Detail-oriented and organised.
Languages I speak
Bengali, Hindi, and Urdu