Ria Nangia | Compliance and Accounting Officer
I joined Healy Consultants Group PLC in June 2019 as a Compliance and Accounting Executive in the Dubai office after graduating from NUS Business School, National University of Singapore. Prior to that, I worked for Société Générale in India. Now I use my skills and knowledge to assist Healy Consultants Group PLC’s clients and staff.
My business goals
- Ensure that Healy Consultants Group complies with the updated laws and regulations with effective measures in place for mitigating risk;
- Assist Healy Consultants staff to be aware of the laws to be complied with and have ready access to compliance related information;
- Constantly enhance my knowledge on global compliance requirements;
- Effectively reduce costs and manage finances of the Healy Consultants’ Dubai office; and
- Enhance my skills in the areas of financial reporting, taxation and corporate secretarial related matters for multiple jurisdictions.
My daily work schedule
- Assessing risk of potential clients and conducting ongoing monitoring of our existing clients;
- Reviewing compliance programs and policies in place and improving the same to suit legal requirements;
- Liaising with lawyers and government authorities assisting Client Relationship Officers with compliance related queries;
- Reviewing agreements and KYC documentation;
- Filing suspicious transaction reports;
- Analysing costs and managing internal finances;
- Reviewing internal procedures for cost and quality control;
- Preparing monthly financial reports such as profit and loss statements, petty cash analysis and sales analysis; and
- Filing VAT returns.
The most interesting work I ever did
Formulated innovation ideas using AI for a leading cosmetic company to pitch to investors.
The most rewarding work I ever did
Helped flood affected victims in India.
- Watching movies;
- Spending time with family and friends.
- Out of the box thinker;
Languages I speak
English, Hindi and learning French.
A sample of my global business experience
- Working at Société Générale India with the Paris onshore team to cater to European clients for the Securities Services team enabled me to experience the European business culture;
- Interning in Singapore and India helped me to experience the Asian business landscape;
- Working on real-world cases with multi-national students during my Masters’ programme at NUS Business School;
- Moving to the Dubai team has given me an opportunity to assist clients globally and learn more about the Middle East.