Accounting and tax
- Existing holders of GBC2 licenses issued prior to 16 October 2017 will continue to benefit from tax exemption up to 30 June 2021. Thereafter all international business companies will be subject to a reduced corporate tax rate of 3%;
- All foreign and local companies in Mauritius are subject to corporate tax at a standard rate of 15%;
- Although exempt from withholding tax on dividends, companies in Mauritius are still subject to withholding tax at a rate of i) 15% on interests ii) 15% on royalties iii) 10% on technical services fees;
- The standard Value Added Tax rate in Mauritius is 15% and companies are obliged to file returns either monthly or quarterly;
- All resident and non-resident companies in Mauritius are obliged to file annual tax returns with the Mauritius Tax Authority. Late filing of returns will warrant a penalty;
- All companies in Mauritius, with the exception of the GBL companies, are subject to a corporate social responsibility contribution of 2% charged on their previous year’s chargeable income;
- The government of Mauritius has signed 44 double tax treaties with different countries globally to help reduce the tax burden and promote international trade. Some of the countries that have signed agreements with Mauritius include Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Sweden and Singapore among others;
- Healy Consultants Group PLC’s local agent will assist our Client with i) documenting and implementing accounting procedures; ii) implementing financial accounting software; iii) preparing financial accounting records; and iv) preparing forecasts, budgets and performing sensitivity analysis;
- It is important our Clients are aware of their personal and corporate tax obligations in their country of residence and domicile; and they will fulfil those obligations annually; Healy Consultants Group PLC can help to clarify your annual reporting obligations;
- For a smooth business set up process, Healy Consultants Group PLC will cooperate with our registered agents in Mauritius, licensed by the FSC to provide the services of a management company under Section 77(1) of the FSA.
Disclaimer: Healy Consultants Group PLC neither has an office nor staff in Mauritius nor is it licenced as a management company under Section 77(1) of the Financial Services Act of 2007 or in any other way by the Financial Services Commission.