10 steps to incorporate a Mauritius company
- Consultation: Before Healy Consultants proceeds with an engagement, our Firm requires its Clients to i) sign a copy of our engagement letter; ii) return the original to our Singapore head office together; iii) with the required corporate and personal KYC documents; and iv) settle the fees applicable to the engagement;
- Corporate structure: Thereafter, our Firm agrees with each Client i) on the corporate structure of the Mauritius entity to be registered, including company name and identity of its shareholders and directors; and ii) the Client settles the project management fees, which is inclusive of the incorporation service fee due to the local agent chosen by Healy Consultants Group PLC. Only then will the local agent licensed by the FSC start the Mauritius business setup process;
- Name search: Healy Consultants Group PLC requests our local Mauritian registered agent to perform a company name search with the Mauritius Registrar of Companies or the FSC (depending on the type of entity registered) Upon obtaining confirmation from the local agent that the name is available, Healy Consultants Group PLC, emails the name reservation certificate to our Client.
- Incorporation due diligence: On behalf of the local agent, Healy Consultants Group PLC emails our Client a detailed partly-completed company incorporation questionnaire and Mauritius FSC standard draft business plan for our Client’s input and email return;
- Company registration phase 1: On behalf of the local agent, Healy Consultants Group PLC emails the following corporate documents to our Client for signature and courier return: i) letter of Appointment of First Director; ii) consent to Act as shareholder; and iii) Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Company registration phase 2: The local agent (duly licensed under the FSA Act) prepares and submits all the documents and forms required for incorporation of the company to the Mauritius Registrar of Companies and / or to the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius (in the case of a GBC company) for processing;
- Company registration phase 3: The Mauritius authorities issue i) the Certificate of Incorporation from the Mauritius Registrar of Companies; and ii) the GBC license certificate of the entity. After receipt of copies from the local agent, Healy Consultants Group PLC will immediately email the same to our Client.
- Documents filing: Healy Consultants Group PLC’s local agent files the following documents with the Mauritius Registrar of Companies, i) the name of the company, share capital, division of capital and type of shares; ii) the Memorandum of Association; iii) the Articles of Association; iv) Mauritius registered office address; and v) names, addresses and nationalities of directors and shareholders;
- Bank account opening: Through our local agent, Healy Consultants Group PLC liaises with a top tier bank in Mauritius and opens a corporate bank account with i) excellent internet banking; ii) corporate credit and debit cards; iii) corporate cheque book; and iv) brokerage options;
- Engagement Completion: Upon completion of the incorporation process, our local agent forwards all the essential original documents to our Singapore office. Healy Consultants Group PLC then couriers to our Client’s preferred international address, the complete company kit including i) original corporate documents; ii) an unopened bank correspondence; and iii) Client engagement feedback survey. The Client engagement is now complete.
Disclaimer: Healy Consultants Group PLC neither has an office nor staff in Mauritius nor is it licenced as a management company under Section 77(1) of the Financial Services Act of 2007 or in any other way by the Financial Services Commission.