Trademark registration in Mauritius in 2021
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC has been successfully protecting our multinational Clients’ products, brands and intellectual property. Trademark registration i) protects infringement of a brand and product by a third-party and ii) enables complete ownership of products. Registering a trademark in Mauritius is a simple, practical solution to fulfil these goals.
Categories of Trademark Registration in Mauritius
- Simple trademark registration: Differentiates the goods of the registered company from other companies;
- Service mark registration: Differentiates the services of the registered company from other companies;
- Collective trademark registration: Gives an association or collective the authority to advertise their products using a collective mark.
Steps to register a trademark in Mauritius
- Trademark name search: Healy Consultants Group PLC will complete a preliminary name search to confirm the availability of the preferred trademark name;
- Trademark pre-registration: Healy Consultants Group PLC will prepare a trademark registration application to be filed with the Mauritius Industrial Property Office (MIPO);
- Trademark examination: The IPO will examine our Client’s application, along with relevant supporting documents;
- Trademark advertisement: Once the application is approved, the IPO will publish an application in the Mauritius Government Gazette;
- Trademark registration approval: Within two months, and assuming there are no objections, Healy Consultants Group PLC will complete trademark registration for our Client.
Other points to note about Mauritius trademark registration
- A trademark registered in Mauritius is valid up to 10 years from the date of approval. It can be renewed every 10 years;
- Mauritius is a safe jurisdiction for trademark registration for multi-national companies since the country has multiple reputable global brands registering their trademarks under its umbrella.
FeesHealy Consultants Group PLC fees to complete Mauritius Trademark Registration for our Client’s business are US$3,950.
ConclusionLet us know if you require Healy Consultants Group PLC’s assistance to complete trademark registration for your business and protect your brand value.
Healy Consultants Group PLC does not recommend our Clients establish a business in Mauritius, due to the poor business environment provided by the Mauritius Government and Financial Services Commission to multi-national organisations. Healy Consultants Group PLC instead recommends our Clients establish their businesses in these reputable zero tax jurisdictions.