Commodities trader renews Singaporean subsidiary
Healy Consultants Group PLC was engaged by an existing Client to assist them with their Singaporean subsidiary annual renewal (click link). The Client settled the 2021 renewal fee in instalments, with the final instalment settled in May 2021.
This renewal fee includes the services for i) annual nominee director service ii) annual return filing on ACRA iii) annual company secretary service and iv) annual corporate income tax filing with IRAS.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC emailed our Client an engagement summary, outlining i) documents required to progress the renewal ii) the weekly and monthly deliverables and iii) timeline to complete the engagement.
- A Singaporean subsidiary is required to file i) Estimated Chargeable Income (click link) and ii) Form C/C-S (click link) with IRAS and iii) the Annual Return (click link) with ACRA.
- The engagement summary helps our Client plan and prepare the necessary documents to complete the annual filings in a timely manner.
- The financial year-end of the Singaporean subsidiary is 31 December. Therefore, the company has to meet the following deadlines:
Filings Due date Estimated Chargeable Income 31 March Hold Annual General Meeting 30 June Annual Return 31 July Form C/C-s 30 November
Accounting and tax obligations
- Once Healy Consultants Group PLC received the signed financial statement, our team started preparing the draft Estimated Chargeable Income (ECI) for management review.
- The ECI was prepared based on the financial statements supplied by the Client.
- Immediately after securing management’s approval, our team lodged the ECI with IRAS.
- Thereafter, our team prepared the i) annual general meeting minutes and ii) director’s resolution for the Client’s review and signature.
- After securing the Client’s signature, our team completed the annual return filings with ACRA.
- Following that, our team prepared the draft Form C/C-s based on the financial statements sent by the Client.
- To file an accurate return, our team have requested the Client to supply more clarification on the expenses and a number of other transactions.
- The subsidiary receives income within Singapore, therefore all the income is taxable.
- Our team sent the draft Form C-s to the Client for their review and approval.
- Once the Client approved the filing, our team lodged the same with IRAS.
- Thereafter Healy Consultants Group PLC sent the acknowledgement of the filing to the Client for their reference.
- After a few weeks, IRAS issued the Notice of Assessment for the YA 2021.
- Immediately, our team forwarded the NOA and payment details and advised the Client to settle the tax payables to IRAS before the deadline.
- Our team sent a reminder to the Client on the tax payables to ensure payment was made within the timeframe.
- Once all of the above was completed, Healy Consultants’ accounting team sent a summary of obligation to the Client, including the i) financial statements ii) signed AGM documents iii) acknowledgement of annual return and Form C-s filing iv) NOA and v) renewal paid invoice.
- Thereafter, our IT department collected a professional reference from the Client.