DOING BUSINESS IN SEYCHELLES
Popular Package for Seychelles
- 2 weeks to incorporate
Since 2003, Healy Consultants has been efficiently and effectively assisting our Clients with i) Seychelles business registration ii) business licensing iii) Seychelles business banking solutions iv) visa options and staff recruitment strategies and v) workspace rental solutions.
Main documents required
- Copy of passport of all shareholders and directors;
- Proof of residential address for the company
- M&AA, certificate of incorporation, printout or latest annual return and financial statements (if any) of corporate shareholders;
- Documents required for our due diligence checks
Steps to register your company in Seychelles
- Healy Consultants reserves the preferred company name with the Seychelles Companies Registrar;
- Our Firm appoints our local affiliate as the registered agent of our Client’s Seychelles company;
- Our Firm emails pre-filled incorporation and consent forms, to be signed and returned by our Client to our office;
- We then register the Seychelles IBC company with the Seychelles Financial Services Authority and secure a certificate of incorporation;
- Our Firm assists our Client to open a corporate bank account in the Seychelles or overseas, according to his preferences;
- When our Client plans to operate in regulated industries, we obtain operating licenses from the relevant licensing authority.
For a more detailed guide to registering your company, please visit our complete steps to incorporate in Seychelles.
Best uses for a Seychelles company
- A Seychelles offshore company is a confidential business vehicle, because:
- There is no public register of shareholders and directors maintained in Seychelles for Seychelles offshore business entities;
- IBC companies registered in the Seychelles are not required to file annual financial statements;
- Seychelles has signed less than 21 tax information exchange treaties;
- The Archipelago’s bank secrecy regulations are ranked as the 2nd most protective in the world after Samoa, according to the Tax Justice Network.
- Time to incorporate: Two weeks
- Cost to set up: US$5,365
- Minimum capital: US$1
- Physical office required: Yes
- Shareholders: 1
- Directors: 1
- Company secretary: Yes
- Resident director: No
- Corporate tax rate: 0%
- Corporate tax base: Territorial
- Shelf companies: Unavailable
- Main company type: IBC
Useful links for Seychelles
Government and public authority websites:
- Seychelles Revenue Commission
- Seychelles International Business Authority
- Central Bank of Seychelles
- Seychelles Securities Exchange
- Chamber of Commerce
- Seychelles International Airport
- Visiting Seychelles
- Doing Business in Seychelles
- United Nations – Seychelles
- Worldwide corporate tax guide 2013
- Seychelles – How Classic Policies Restored Sustainability
- Investment Policy Monitor
Frequently asked questions
How can a foreign entrepreneur register a company in the Seychelles?The offshore company (IBC) is the most popular business entity in the Seychelles. This type of entity requires i) at least one director and shareholder, who may be the same person i) a resident agent in the Seychelles, who must hold a fiduciary licence granted by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority and i) minimum paid up capital of US$1. The IBC is designed specifically to engage in international business and does not have to file financial reports publicly, nor does it pay any Seychelles tax on profits.
Healy Consultants will assist our Clients with the entire IBC registration process, which includes i) company incorporation at the Registrar General’s Companies Division ii) provision of a registered address iii) corporate bank account opening and iv) tax registration with the Seychelles Revenue Commission.
Is a resident director required for the company formation process?No, a Seychelles IBC does not require any directors in the Seychelles, although it must appoint a registered agent resident in the Seychelles. On the other hand, a tax resident entity with the CSL designation requires two directors resident in the Seychelles.
What types of companies and business entities are available to foreign entrepreneurs in the Seychelles?There are four main types of business entities available to foreign entrepreneurs for Seychelles company formation. These are i) the offshore company/IBC ii) the special licence company (CSL) iii) the limited liability company and iv) the branch office or “foreign company”. Of these, the IBC is the one used most often.