Resident director services for financial services companies in 2022
Before approving a regulatory license, Regulators demand strict local substance requirements on financial companies. These requirements include i) setting up a physical office with staff ii) appointing AML and Compliance Managers iii) preparing a Compliance Manual in line with local country guidelines and iv) appointing a local resident director. Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC assists our multi-national Clients’ meet these complex substance requirements.
Who can act as resident director?
- The resident director may be i) a citizen of the country or ii) a foreign national with a valid local residence permit;
- The resident director must be ‘fit-and-proper’ including i) have a relevant professional and educational track record in financial services ii) have no criminal record and iii) have no conflicts of interest;
- A professional nominee resident director meeting the above criteria is a simple, practical solution to meet this regulatory requirement;
- Healy Consultants Group PLC offers nominee professional, passive resident director services;
- Healy Consultants does not normally allow Clients to pay Singapore resident director fees by instalments. We normally require full payment up front for the year. However, we may consider half-yearly payments for companies in good standing.
How can Healy Consultants Group PLC help?
- In every country on the planet for financial services companies, Healy Consultants Group PLC offers professional, passive nominee resident director services;
- Having Healy Consultants Group PLC as the professional, passive nominee resident director i) increases the probability of securing regulatory licence approval for our Client’s financial service company ii) ensures our Client’s company meets substance requirements and iii) maximises the probability of timely corporate bank account approval;
- To ensure our Client’s assets and interests are protected, our professional, passive resident director will neither i) be a corporate bank account signatory nor ii) play an active role in our Client’s business. Our officers will simply act as resident director of the company to fulfil financial licence substance requirements. For our multi-national Clients’ comfort, we email you a Know Your Director due diligence pack;
- Healy Consultants Group PLC and our Client will sign a legal ‘Professional Nominee Service Agreement for Financial Companies’ outlining important terms, conditions and limitations of the resident director. Before this agreement is signed, we pre-agree an annual flat fee and potential administrative fees (paid by the hour) with our Client;
- In the unlikely event the financial regulator/central bank rejects Healy Consultants Group PLC’s appointed professional nominee director, we will refund of 90% of the engagement fees. The remaining 10% engagement fees will be retained by Healy Consultants Group PLC to cover professional costs associated with negotiating the nominee agreement prior to appointment;
- In every country on the planet, Healy Consultants Group PLC assists multi-national Clients’ with other local substance requirements including i) local physical office sharing and ii) supply of a local AML and Compliance officer and iii) provision of local back office support (if required) and iv) nominee professional, passive resident directors shareholder (if required) and v) nominee professional, passive resident bank signatory and vi) other company officer appointments;
Healy Consultants Group PLC resident director fees
Jurisdiction No. of directors required Fees/director Average fees per country US$9,500 Australia 1 A$10,950 Brunei 1 US$12,600 Hong Kong 1 US$9,500 India 1 US$8,600 Indonesia 1 US$15,950 Japan 1 US$9,500 Malaysia 2 US$8,500 Mauritius (GBC1) 2 US$9,250 New Zealand 1 US$17,200 Philippines 3 US$8,420 Russia 1 US$20,950 Singapore 1 US$9,500 Thailand 1 US$16,750 Vietnam 1 US$11,600
Jurisdiction No. of directors required Fees/director Average fees per country US$9,500 Algeria 1 US$30,500 Botswana 1 US$15,600 Cameroon 1 US$15,600 Dubai 1 US$9,500 Egypt 1 US$15,550 Mauritius (GBC1) 2 US$9,250 South Africa 1 US$20,950 Sudan 1 US$19,600 Tunisia 1 US$70,000 Zambia 1 US$15,150 Zimbabwe 1 US$10,000
Jurisdiction No. of directors required Fees/director Average fees per country US$9,500 Belarus 1 US$15,600 Finland 1 €19,600 France 1 €12,950 Iceland 1 €12,600 Ireland 1 €9,500 Liechtenstein 1 €16,500 Norway 1 €12,600 Sweden 1 €12,600 Switzerland 1 €12,500 UK 1 £9,600
Jurisdiction No. of directors required Fees/director Average fees per country US$9,500 Argentina 1 US$20,400 Paraguay 1 US$30,800 Canada 1 US$15,600
In every country on the planet, Healy Consultants Group PLC helps multi-national Clients’ meet local regulatory license requirements. Please contact us at the number below for more information.