Set up a new bank or purchase an existing bank
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC assists our multi-national Clients’ to i) purchase existing banks in every country on the planet or ii) register a new bank in specific jurisdictions. This web page covers each of these solutions.
Existing banks for sale
Healy Consultants Group PLC Advisory Team will project manage (click link) the bank purchase engagement including i) negotiate acquisition price ii) complete due diligence of the financial institution iii) draft the sale and purchase agreement to protect the buyers interest iv) supervise lawyers and other third parties and v) liaise with the Government re licenses and vi) secure SWIFT access. Examples of banks we previously sourced or transacted for our Clients:
|Country||Bank license||Regulator||Price (US$)||Advantage|
|Southeast Asia||Commercial banking||Central Bank||5.7B||140 local branches & 257 ATMs|
|Southeast Asia||Commercial banking||Central Bank||40m||36 local branches|
|North America||Commercial banking||Banking and Financial Institutions||11m||Entry to US market, 3 additional branches|
|Central America||Commercial banking||Central Bank||10m||Active international bank with over 10,000 Client accounts|
|Caribbean||Commercial banking||OCFI||3m||Operational bank with employees. Financial reports available. US correspondent accounts available|
|Caribbean||Commercial banking||OCFI||19m||US correspondent account available|
|Caribbean||Commercial banking||FSU||1.1m||Low cost international bank established since 2015. US$1million paid up share capital.|
|Caribbean||Commercial banking||FSU||8m||Established since 2011. 1 branch office available|
|Caribbean||International banking license||Central Bank||4.5m||Secure online and mobile banking;|
Prepaid debit card issuer, contracts with payment institutions;
Full SWIFT membership, RMA relationships in place and EU/USD correspondent accounts;
EU brokerage account and online trading platform;
FACTA compliant and FSRA approved.
|Central Europe||Online Commercial bank||Financial Market Supervisory Authority||10m||30% ownership available.|
Potential growth opportunities in EU and online banking.
|Central Europe||Private bank||Financial Market Supervisory Authority||30m||Opportunity for full asset management and investment banking|
|Europe||Commercial bank||FCMC||14m||Established since 2010. 2 branch offices available. Assets of almost €200m. Large retail customer base.|
|Eastern Europe||Commercial bank||Central Bank||30m||EU country with flexible regulations and ease of transfer.|
Register a new bank
- Instead of buying current banks for sale, some Clients prefer to register a new bank. Healy Consultants Advisory Team assists our Client set up a new bank in every country in the world including i) company registration ii) correspondent bank account opening iii) project managing lawyers, accountants and other third parties and iv) liaising with the Government re licenses and v) securing SWIFT access. Examples of popular jurisdictions can be found in this attached pdf file;
- Central Bank basic requirements to secure a license include i) shareholders and directors track record of at least 5 years prior experience in banking and finance and ii) shareholders to demonstrate sufficient funds to operate the bank and iii) shareholder to provide evidence of liquidity to satisfy share capital requirements and iv) professional references from independent banks, lawyers and accountants and v) anti money laundering (AML) policies and vi) detailed business plan. Healy Consultants Group PLC will assist our multi-national Clients’ complete all of the above;
- It is important our Clients are aware of their personal and corporate tax obligations in their country of residence and domicile; and they will fulfil those obligations annually. Let us know if you need Healy Consultants Group PLC’s help to clarify your annual reporting obligations.
Deposit Taking License
- Deposit taking institutions (DTCs) are licensed companies which can take deposits from customers under certain restrictions. A deposit taking company is generally granted a restricted banking license and is regulated by the banking authority where it offers its services. DTCs can are different from fully licensed banks;
- For example i) usually there is a regulatory ceiling to the deposit amount allowed to take from public (e.g.: Hong Kong = $100,000) and ii) there is a minimum maturity term of deposits (e.g.: Hong Kong = 3 months) and iii) the financial institution may be only allowed to offer services to a closed circle of clients;
- DTCs may include specialized banks, finance and microfinance companies and/or trust and loan companies. Examples of popular DTC jurisdictions include i) Hong Kong – Deposit Taking Companies (DTC) and ii) Australia – Authorized Deposit Taking Institutions (ADI) and iii) Kenya – Microfinance institutions (DTI);