Cayman Islands Securities Investment Business License
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC assists our multi-national Clients’ with registering securities brokerage companies across the globe. Many of our Clients register their securities brokerage business in the Cayman Islands as i) the country is one of the major offshore global financial hubs and ii) no local directors or staff are required to secure the license. Consequently, we also advise our Clients to secure Forex Brokerage License in Cayman Islands.
What is the Cayman Islands Securities Brokerage License?
- The license is granted by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA). Licensing applications are processed by CIMA within 3 months;
- After the license application is approved, your Cayman Islands entity will legally be able to start trading in financial services including i) accepting and transmitting funds; ii) executing orders on behalf of customers; iii) underwriting financial instruments and iv) conducting securities management;
Procedure for obtaining a Brokerage License in the Cayman Islands
- Securing qualified director solution: If required, Healy Consultants Group PLC will supply a qualified professional nominee director who has at least 4 years’ financial sector experience with educational certificate, CV and 2 professional references and criminal records;
- If required, Healy Consultants Group PLC will supply a qualified professional nominee director who has at least 4 years’ financial sector experience with educational certificate, CV and 2 professional references and criminal records;
- Preparation of documents: Healy Consultants Group PLC will assist our Client in preparing i) detailed business plan; ii) group organization chart and information on the entity’s beneficial ownership and iii) employment contracts of all directors;
- Capital injection: Before Healy Consultants Group PLC can submit the licensing application to CIMA, your Firm will be required to inject a paid-up capital of at least US$125,000 (KYD100,000) to the international corporate bank account of the entity;
- Submission of license application: All going well, Healy Consultants Group PLC will prepare and submit the license application to the CIMA;
- Tax exemption certificate application: In accordance with the Cayman Island Tax Concession Law, a company can ensure 20 years of tax exemption by obtaining a tax exemption certificate by the Cayman Islands Tax Information Authority (TIA). Healy Consultants Group PLC will assist you to secure this application.
Our service packages
- For a total engagement fee of US$ 45,865, Healy Consultants Group PLC will project-manage the A to Z of your securities brokerage business set up. Total engagement period will be 2 months;
- Our standard package of services includes i) company registration; ii) company secretary and registered address services; iii) opening international multicurrency corporate bank account; iv) sourcing qualified resident director; v) preparation of AML/CFT programmes and other required documents; vi) securing a brokerage license with CIMA and vii) securing tax exemption certificate;
- Additionally, our Firm can also offer multiple additional support services, including i) accounting and bookkeeping services ii) merchant account opening services iii) drafting of prospectus if your Firm is planning to issue structured products and vi) assistance to recruit employees.
- Refer to attached pdf file to view updated sales invoice with our latest notes: