Accounting and tax in 2021
- Corporate income tax in Guinea-Bissau is imposed at a standard rate of 25%. All legal entities in Guinea-Bissau must i) register for tax at the Directorate-General of Taxes and Duties (DGCI) department at Enterprise Drawing Centre (CFE) and obtain a tax identification number (NIF) ii) submit annual returns by 30th of April following the end of the fiscal year;
- The Value Added Tax (VAT) is levied at a standard rate of 15%. All companies incorporated in Guinea-Bissau must register for VAT and file monthly returns;
- Withholding tax in Guinea-Bissau is applicable at the rates of i) 30% on dividends and ii) 15% on interests paid to both resident and non-resident companies in Guinea-Bissau;
- Employers in Guinea-Bissau are obliged to submit monthly social security contributions of 14% of their employees monthly gross salaries to the Guinea-Bissau National Institute of Social Providence (INSS);
- The government of the Republic of Guinea-Bissau signed a double tax treaty with Portugal in 2008 and the treaty took effect in 2013;
- Healy Consultants will assist the Client with i) documenting and implementing accounting procedures ii) implementing financial accounting software iii) preparing financial accounting records and iv) preparing forecasts, budgets and performing sensitivity analysis;
- It is important our Clients’ are aware of their personal and corporate tax obligations in their country of residence and domicile; and they will fulfill those obligations annually. Let us know if you need Healy Consultants’ help to clarify your annual reporting obligations.