The 10 Steps to Labuan offshore company incorporation
Since 2003, Healy Consultants assists our Clients to incorporate companies in Labuan. Please find below a description of steps involved in incorporation of a Labuan offshore company. Companies operating in regulated industries such as banking and finance are subject to additional license requirements. For registration of Malaysia onshore companies, kindly refer to this page.
- Before starting incorporation in Labuan, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees ii) signs and returns our Client engagement letter and iii) provides us all the required due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed strategy document, mapping out weekly steps for establishing an offshore business in Labuan, optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations;
- After corporate structure is agreed, Healy Consultants prepares the Labuan company incorporation forms for Client signature and courier return;
- Healy Consultants reserves a name for our Client’s company by submitting an application form to the Labuan Financial Services Authority (FSA). The company name is reserved for 3 months;
- Healy Consultants will also draft a detailed M&AA for our Client’s company;
- Thereafter, Healy Consultants legally incorporates the company by submitting to the Labuan FSA the following: i) company M&AA ii) statutory declaration of compliance by the trust company and iii) particulars of directors iv) incorporation fees;
- Healy Consultants’ banking team assists our Clients open a corporate account in Labuan. Our Client will deposit the share capital into the bank account, and provide Healy Consultants the bank certificate of deposit;
- Healy Consultants assists our Clients’ activate the internet banking facility;
- If required, Healy Consultants will assist our Clients to apply for business specific licenses;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit, including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey to assess the quality of Healy Consultants’ Labuan offshore company incorporation services.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to open a corporate bank account in Labuan for my company?No, the bank account of the company does not need to be opened in Labuan. It can be opened in another jurisdiction. Our Clients often request our Firm to open the account in Singapore.