10 steps to incorporating in Lebanon
- Prior to commencing the incorporation process, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees ii) signs our engagement letter and iii) provides us the requested due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed engagement project plan. This plan will map out, week by week, each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations for the duration of the company incorporation engagement;
- Next, our Client and Healy Consultants reach an agreement regarding the optimal corporate structure, including shareholders and directors. Healy Consultants will then assist our Client with executing the M&AA before a Public Notary in the district where the company’s office will be located;
- All Lebanese companies are required to hold a statutory Board meeting before proceeding further with the engagement. Our Client will henceforth provide the meeting minutes, to be later submitted by Healy Consultants to the company registry later during the company incorporation process;
- Healy Consultants’ banking team assists our Clients open a corporate account in Lebanon. Our Client will deposit the requisite share capital of i) US$3,400 when incorporating an LLC or ii) US$20,000 when incorporating a PLC or an offshore company. The bank will then provide Healy Consultants with the certificate of deposit. If required, Healy Consultants will assist our Client activate the internet banking facility;
- Please note, all entities be it an LLC, PLC or an offshore company with US$34,000 as the share capital, must i) appoint a Lebanese lawyer registered at the Beirut Bar Association as company attorney and ii) pay him retainer fees of at least US$6,000. Healy Consultants will provide our Client with an experienced company attorney, who will be able to support them in all case of litigation in Lebanon;
- Healy Consultants will then register the company with the Lebanese Company Registry and submit all required documents including i) the M&AA ii) minutes of the 1st general meeting of the directors iii) bank deposit certificate iv) copies of valid passport for all shareholders and directors and v) a lease agreement or title of ownership for the company premises;
- After Lebanon business incorporation, Healy Consultants will i) notify the Ministry of Finance of commencement of operation ii) obtain VAT and tax identification numbers and iii) register the company’s employees with Social Security;
- If work permit applications are required for foreign manager and/or employees, Healy Consultants will request due diligence from each candidate and will apply for work permits with the Lebanese Ministry of Labor and National Security Services;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a company kit folder to our Client’s preferred international address, containing the following corporate documents including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey to assess our company incorporation services in Lebanon.
Frequently asked questions
Is it possible to incorporate an offshore company in Lebanon?Yes, Healy Consultants may assist our Clients with establishing an offshore company in Lebanon. For more information, kindly refer to our Lebanon offshore company page or contact our Lebanon incorporation service provider at the email address listed on the page.
Do I need to travel to Lebanon in order to incorporate a company?No, our Clients are not required to travel to Lebanon for business incorporation, provided that Healy Consultants is granted a Power of Attorney to complete all necessary procedures on their behalf. However, our Clients requesting Healy Consultants to apply on their behalf for a work permit will have to travel to Lebanon to complete a medical background checkup and other registration procedures.