DOING BUSINESS IN NIGER IN 2021
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC has assisted our Clients with starting companies in Niger. Our services include i) Niger business registration ii) assistance to secure government licenses iii) Niger corporate bank account opening services iv) employee recruitment v) work visa strategies and vi) office rental solutions in Niger.
|Compare different Niger entities||Tax resident LLC||Fast business setup solution||Representative office||Branch office|
|Also known as||SARL||SARL||Bureau représentatif||Succursale|
|Best use of company?||All products and services||Close client deal now||Marketing & research||Specific projects|
|How soon to invoice Clients?||3 weeks||2 weeks||Cannot trade||5 weeks|
|How soon can you hire staff?||3 weeks||2 weeks||5 weeks||5 weeks|
|How soon can you sign a lease agreement?||1 week||1 week||1 week||1 week|
|How long to supply corporate bank a/c?||5 weeks||3 weeks||5 weeks||5 weeks|
|How long to supply co. reg / tax numbers?||3 weeks||2 weeks||5 weeks||5 weeks|
|Corporate tax rate on annual net profits?||30%||30%||Cannot trade||30%|
|Limited liability entity?||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Government grants available?||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Government approval required for foreign owners?||No||No||No||No|
|Res. director/partner/ legal rep. required?||No||No||Yes||No|
|Minimum paid up share capital?||US$170||US$170||US$1||US$1|
|Can bid for Government contracts?||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Corporate bank account location?||Bank of Africa||Atlantic Bank||Sonibank||Ecobank|
|Can secure trade finance?||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|VAT payable on sales to local customers?||19%||19%||Cannot trade||19%|
|Average total business set up engagement costs?||US$18,950||Request a proposal||Request a proposal||Request a proposal|
|Average total engagement period?||2 months||6 weeks||2.5 months||2.5 months|
Niger business setup summary
Press the link headings below to read detailed, relevant, up to date information.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Niger company registration
- Simple and inexpensive business set up:
- A Niger limited liability company requires only one shareholder and one director of any nationality;
- The minimum paid-up capital at incorporation is US$170;
- Our Client need not travel to Niger to complete incorporation;
- There are no off-limits industries for foreign investors;
- The recent creation of a one-stop-shop (CFE) has streamlined company set up procedures and reduced incorporation times.
- With an average monthly wage of just US$50, Niger labour costs are some of the lowest in Africa. The country is ideal for investors in labour-intensive, low skill sectors;
- Several sectors offer upside potential for foreign investors, including:
- Agri-business. Niger has a large landmass and small population, suiting large-scale agricultural holdings;
- Mining. Niger has significant, untapped deposits of uranium, oil and gold. Furthermore, obtaining a mining permit has become easier, and there are no restrictions on the export of mineral products from Niger;
- Transport & Infrastructure. Niger is one of the continent’s most underfunded countries.
- Foreign companies can freely repatriate capital and profits out of Niger.
Disadvantages of Niger company registration
- The economy is one of the world’s most restricted. The government does little to improve investor confidence, public finances are weak and corruption levels are high. In summary, doing business in Niger is difficult, frustrating and high risk for foreign investors;
- High corporate income tax rates of 30%, and 19% VAT on the sales of goods and services;
- Inefficient government departments and a lack of information and transparency on procedures for investors;
- Risk of political unrest, both domestically and as a result of violence spilling over from neighbouring Libya and Mali;
- Being a francophone country, it is hard to find English-speaking service providers in Niger;
- Niger is one of the world’s poorest countries with i) about three quarters of the population living in rural areas relying on subsistence farming ii) more than 60% of the population living on less than US$1 per day iii) life expectancy of just 46 and iv) 80% adult illiteracy. As a result, there is a serious shortage of skilled, qualified labour;
- There are no free trade zones or ports, so Niger is not an attractive country from which to conduct international trade;
- Niger is prone to natural catastrophes such as severe drought and destructive flooding, impacting the dominant agricultural sector.
- Simple and inexpensive business set up:
Best uses for a Niger company
- Foreign investors are attracted to Niger for mineral exports because of i) the availability of untapped resources ii) the availability of low-cost unskilled labour.
Tell us what you need - we’ll send you a customised proposal in 5 hours!
To help us engineer the optimum Niger corporate structure, please complete the 3-minute questionnaire below; then press the submit button below.
This data remains confidential and is not sold to third-parties.
Within 5 hours, one of our senior staff will ring or email you:
Useful links for Niger