10 steps to incorporating in Rwanda
- Prior to incorporating a company in Rwanda, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees ii) signs our Client Engagement letter and iii) provides us all the due diligence documents ( passport copies, proof of address, excerpt of judicial statement, details of the company’s intended activities);
- Healy Consultants compliance team will draft a detailed engagement project plan mapping out a week by week Rwanda incorporation timelines, optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations;
- After reaching an agreement with our Client on the best optimal corporate structure, including shareholders and directors, Healy Consultants prepares the company incorporation forms for Client signature and courier return;
- Healy Consultants then pays the registration fee with the Rwanda Development Board to commence the registration process;
- Healy Consultants incorporation team will then conduct a company name check with the Office of Registrar General Rwanda to determine the uniqueness and availability of the proposed company name;
- Thereafter, Healy Consultants will submit the completed incorporation forms together with the agreed corporate structure including the M&AA to the Office of Registrar General, legally incorporate the company and get a business registration certificate;
- Following successful incorporation of the company, Healy Consultants will i) register with the Rwanda Revenue Authority to obtain a Tax Identification Number (TIN) ii) register with Rwanda Social Security Board iii) notify the National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda of the company’s intended business activities;
- Healy Consultants International Banking Team will then assist our Client to open a corporate bank account with a top bank in Rwanda with excellent internet banking services;
- To ensure our Client enjoy the best corporate banking experience, Healy Consultants teams up with the top local banks in Rwanda which include i) Access Bank ii) Equity Bank iii) Bank of Kigali and iv) Guaranty Trust Bank;
- With the engagement completed, Healy Consultants will courier the complete company kit folder to our Client’s preferred international address, containing the original Rwanda company incorporation documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback forms.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to complete Rwanda company incorporation?It takes on average 2.5 months to incorporate the company and open a corporate bank account.
Will I have to travel to incorporate a company in Rwanda?No, you will not have to travel to complete the Rwanda company incorporation process. Healy Consultants will register the company on your behalf.
What is the corporate tax rate in Rwanda?The corporate tax rate is 30%. Healy Consultants can assist our Clients fulfill accounting and tax reporting obligations.