10 steps to incorporating in Mozambique
- Prior to incorporating in Mozambique, Healy Consultants expects Clients to i) settle the Healy Consultants engagement process fee ii) sign and return the Client engagement agreement letter and iii) provide all the required due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed Mozambique incorporation engagement project plan mapping out a step by step the Mozambique company incorporation process and corporate bank account opening process in order to optimizes transparency and Mozambique incorporation timelines. This engagement project sets the Client’s expectations towards the engagement;
- Healy Consultants Mozambique Incorporation Team reserves the proposed company name and obtains a certification of uniqueness of name from the Legal Entities Registrar of Maputo;
- Healy Consultants International Banking Team assists our Client to i) open a provisional corporate bank account with a local commercial bank ii) deposit the share capital and iii) obtain the verification of deposit;
- Healy Consultants Mozambique Incorporation Team i) registers with the Legal Entities Registrar of Maputo and obtains the registration certificate ii) publishes the new company statutes in the Mozambique official gazette, Bolhetim da República;
- Consequently, Healy Consultants registers the new company for taxes with the tax department at Mozambique Ministry of Finance and obtains a tax identification number (NUIT);
- Healy Consultants Mozambique Incorporation Team then i) applies for a simplified business operation license at the Single Service Desk of Maputo City Council and ii) declares the commencement of activity at the Mozambique Tax Authority;
- Healy Consultants then i) declares the beginning of company’s activity at the Provincial Directorate of Labor and if required ii) registers prospective employees at the provincial employment center;
- If required, Healy Consultants Incorporation Team i) registers employees for social security with the National Institute of Social Security (INSS) ii) subscribe employees for a workman’s compensation insurance coverage;
- Following successful incorporation of the Mozambique company, Healy Consultants will courier, to our Client’s preferred international address, the complete company kit including i) original corporate documents ii) an unopened bank correspondence and iii) Client engagement feedback survey regarding our Mozambique company incorporation services.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to incorporate a Mozambique company?According to Healy Consultants’ Mozambique company incorporation specialists, Mozambique incorporation timeline average one month from the submission of a complete Mozambique business incorporation application.
I do not have yet an office in Mozambique. Is it a problem for Mozambique incorporation?No, Mozambique incorporation service provider can incorporate a Mozambique company by using the registered address of Healy Consultants’ affiliate office address in Mozambique. Due to government requirements, our fee for such service is however higher in Mozambique than in most other countries.