UAE employment visas
Foreign professionals who wish to live and work in the United Arab Emirates must apply for a residency visa and a work permit (labor card). A residency visa can be obtained after fulfilling any one of the following conditions: i) UAE business registration ii) investment in a UAE resident company iii) purchasing UAE real estate or iv) employment in a UAE company.
- Foreign entrepreneurs may apply for an investor visa and a residence visa. This visa will be issued for 3 years;
- An investor visa requires sponsorship from an Emirati national resident in the UAE;
- Investor visa for real estate can be secured by purchasing UAE real estate for a minimum of EAD 1 million;
- Entrepreneurs with approved visas can apply for residence visas for their family members;
- Entrepreneur visa does not automatically grant work permission. This permission needs to be obtained separately as a labor card.
- Foreign workers will apply for a labor card and a residence visa. This visa will be issued for a period of up to 3 years;
- Documents presented will include i) an employer sponsorship letter ii) an employment contract iii) copies of the applicant’s professional/academic credentials and iv) a medical certificate;
- Employees with approved visas can apply for residence visa for their family members if their salary at least 3,000 AED per month with accommodation paid by a sponsor, or more than AED4,000.
- Two visit visa are available – short visit visit (30 days) and long term visit (90 days). These visit visas can be renewed;
- Foreign tourists of certain countries can obtain either a i) 30-day visa or a ii) 90-day visa on arrival. All other nationalities must submit a visa application prior to entering the UAE;
- Documents requested for visa approval include i) Passport copy ii) clear photograph iii) proof of residence and iv) proof of funds for high risk countries.
Premium relocation destination
UAE is a booming wealthy expat destination due to several important reasons, including:
- Except during summer, the UAE weather is great for 9 months per year;
- British and American nationals will enjoy cheaper living conditions in comparison to their top cities;
- Investment programs are relatively cheaper with real estate visa schemes requiring only EAD1 million of investment in comparison to €500,000 for Monaco;
- There is no taxation on personal income in Dubai;
- Easy access to posh venues and multiple international expos;
- High quality education and infrastructure.
|Migration to UAE package|
|Average engagement costs||US$27,115|
Frequently asked questions
How long will a UAE residence visa be issued for business purposes?UAE business residence permit will be issued for 3 years.