UAE corporate bank account
Both local and international Clients determined to secure a corporate bank account solution in UAE can take advantage of our professional background and experience in the Emirates. Healy Consultants Group PLC’s expert banking team will be happy to provide a hassle-free A to Z solution.
Please read below for further information regarding the requirements for opening a corporate bank account in UAE.
UAE banking sector
- The banking sector in UAE is considered young, but it is quickly catching up with the nearby financial hubs, such as Tel Aviv, due to its i) increased business influx in UAE since the past decade, ii) branch coverage (more than 900 branches in UAE) and iii) availability of international banking groups;
- Enjoying a high credit rating of Aa2 by Moody’s, UAE’s business banking sector is regarded as stable and remains an oasis of confidence in a generally unstable region of the World;
- The sector assets represent US$748 billion by Q3 2018, with almost 60% being held by 5 top banks. Furthermore, the UAE currency Dirham (AED) is pegged to the US dollar at a fixed rate of US$0.27 per 1 AED since 1997
- Positively, the growth of the banking sector (190% in 2016) has been much faster than the growth of GDP;
- A new VAT legislation will be introduced in late 2018, and is expected to severely affect the UAE banking sector by introducing higher short-term costs for the banking Clients. Positively, standard bank loans may not be affected by this VAT scheme;
- Lastly, deposits in UAE are insured by the Central Bank, but not by a traditional (European) deposit guarantee scheme, but by a one-sided, unlimited UAE Government deposit approval scheme.
UAE corporate bank account
- There are 46 licensed banks in UAE and only 9 representative offices of foreign banks;
- There are four major banks in UAE that hold half of the total banking assets, namely: i) Emirates NBD, ii) National bank of Abu Dhabi, iii) First Gulf Bank and Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank. For quality Islamic business accounts in UAE, Healy Consultants Group PLC recommends our Client to open a new corporate bank account with these banks;
- Important licensed banks in UAE, which are a part of the international banking conglomerates include: i) HSBC Middle East UAE, ii) BNP Paribas Dubai and iii) ABN Amro. They offer high-quality banking facilities and online banking platforms and are recommended to those Clients who already have an established relationship with these banks for either personal or corporate needs.
Healy Consultants Group PLC’s UAE corporate banking services
Healy Consultants Group PLC supports our local and international Clients secure quality multicurrency corporate bank accounts in UAE. While it is a challenging task, our Banking Team will efficiently project manage this extensive process to minimize compliance burdens, imposed by UAE banks.
Please read below for further information:
- In most cases, and depending on our Client’s business activity and preferred bank, Healy Consultants Group PLC will project manage the corporate bank account opening within 4 business weeks, all going well;
- Negatively, there is a 75% probability that the bank’s internal compliance team may request our Clients to travel to a bank branch in UAE. In such cases, Healy Consultants Group PLC will apply a fee discount of US$950;
- Furthermore, international Clients will be requested to legalize and translate a set of corporate documentation, which may amount to US$5,000 in Government and notary fees, and increase the engagement timelines dramatically;
- Once the corporate bank account is activated, most UAE banks are expected to fully enable internet banking services within two weeks thereafter, allowing our Client to manage their local and international transfers;
- As a standard business practice, the UAE bank will proceed to courier independently to our Client a complete banking kit, including: i) account terms and conditions and ii) online banking activation and token device kit.
Ongoing banking support
Most UAE banks offer a moderate array of traditional and more modern banking facilities, and financial instruments. Most of our Clients request Healy Consultants Group PLC to facilitate and introduce them to a partner UAE bank in order to increase the probability of credit instruments approvals.
Please read below for further information:
- Many of our Clients request Healy Consultants Group PLC to prepare a quality application for a target UAE bank, in order to timely secure i) extended credit lines, ii) increased business credit card overdraft and iii) bridge or revolving loans. Please contact our UAE Banking Specialist for inquiries regarding these services and related fees;
- Unfortunately, UAE banks maintain a stringed due diligence background and due diligence checks for local and foreign companies;
- This said, Healy Consultants Group PLC can optimize this process by preparing a detailed business plan on behalf of our Clients. Further documents required include: i) recent referral from qualifying body, ii) financial analysis study and iii) recent financial statements (audited) and iv) SWOT Analysis.
Steps required to open a UAE corporate bank account
Healy Consultants Group PLC will closely follow these steps to ensure hassle-free compliance approvals and issuance of corporate bank account numbers from our Client’s preferred bank:
- Firstly, Healy Consultants Group PLC and our Client will agree on the optimal domestic, international or Islamic business account-oriented institution in UAE. Healy Consultants Group PLC will introduce our Client to our preferred relationship manager in order to initiate the KYC process and compliance review;
- Secondly, following company formation, Healy Consultants Group PLC will prepare a detailed business plan on our Client’s behalf, significantly increasing the probability of corporate bank account approval;
- In most cases, Healy Consultants Group PLC will i) attend branch office or Skype video conference meetings, ii) project manage the translation and legalization for the set of corporate documents and iii) supply the supporting due diligence and bank forms according to the bank’s special requirements;
- Where required, our UAE team will accompany our Client for a 1-hour interview in Dubai to verify signatures and appoint specific signatory rights;
- As a last step, when the account is opened and activated, our preferred UAE bank will courier our Client with a complete banking kit, including the online banking security device (token).
Exchange controls and other regulation
- Apart from few reporting standards, the UAE Central Bank does not impose any specific restrictive currency exchange control regulation;
- Both residents and non-residents are allowed to open bank accounts in UAE and hold funds and deposits in multiple foreign currencies, including AED, €, US$ and £;
- There are no restrictions on the amount of funds held in a personal or corporate bank account in UAE.
International Banking options
Read more about Global banking options.