Compliance Department Manager in 2023
Since 2003, our multi-national Clients (click link) need us to set up their global subsidiaries.
Our Singapore office is aggressively expanding, and we need a quality candidate to join our in-house Legal and Compliance Department. Your daily tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring Healy Consultants complies with local and international laws.
- Assisting our global staff to timely and accurately complete our detailed Know your Customer procedures and sign off our multi-national Clients’ files.
- Minimize litigation, financial and reputation risk to Healy Consultants Group.
- Monitoring statutory deadlines in countries around the globe and regularly updating an in-house database re the same.
- Assisting some of our multi-national Clients timely accurately and completely discharge their annual legal, accounting and tax obligations.
- Supervise a team of 2 members, one based in Singapore, the other in Dubai.
- Daily communicating with our Dubai, Malaysia, Slovakia and Germany offices and our in-house Accounting and Tax Department.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong background in Singapore and international compliance regulations.
- Is solution orientated problem solver, requiring minimal supervision.
- Is able to timely supply quality deliverables to our management team and to multi-national Clients.
- Authorized to act as company secretary will be an advantage.
- Has professional experience of at least 4 years, preferably with a single employer.
- Has excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Has a degree from a quality university in business, compliance or economics or law.
- Is disciplined with high professional standards.
- Multilingual (Chinese, Japanese, Bahasa, Arabic, etc.) will be considered as an advantage.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- A team player, comfortable working within a multicultural team.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- Primarily focus on solutions and not the problems.
- Enjoys serving multi-national Clients’ to a high professional standard.
What we can offer you:
- Salary starting from SG$5,000 to SG$6,500, depending on experience. Monthly bonuses to be discussed after probation.
- Learning the business set up cycle in every country on the planet, including accounting and tax and economics and legal considerations.
- A fast-paced, young and successful e-commerce firm with high professional standards.
- Career stability and opportunities to grow and manage a team.
- We provide one of the best work-life balances in the industry.
- The Singapore office is a professional and friendly work environment.
- Learning about international accounting and tax, as you work on multiple jurisdictions across Asia, Middle East, Africa and Americas.
- A focus on professional as well as personal growth.
- Opportunities to work in international offices.
- All applications are kept strictly confidential;
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to undergo our recruitment process including i) submission of questionnaires ii) up to 3 employment interviews iii) collection of positive professional references;
- Application outcome is usually known within 2 weeks of application submission;
- Please email your CV and cover letter to Ms. Nisa Umar (Nisa@healyconsultants.com).
- Only suitable candidates will receive a reply.