Dubai employment visas
Overseas professionals who want to live and work in Dubai must obtain both a residency visa and a work permit (also known as the labour card). A foreign national is entitled to a residency visa in the UAE after i) business formation in the UAE or ii) becoming a shareholder of a UAE company or iii) purchasing real estate in the UAE or iv) employed within the UAE. Healy Consultants will help our Clients fulfil their Dubai visa requirements.
- Entrepreneurs relocating to the city of Dubai to manage their UAE business can apply for an investor visa. An investor visa is usually granted for a period above 3 years;
- Entrepreneurs can simultaneously apply for residency visas for their spouse and children.
- Investors owning a property worth AED5 million or more will be eligible for a 5 year residency visa. Those investing a total of AED10 million or more in property, an established company or a business partnership will be granted a renewable 10-year visa. Note that the investment cannot be mortgaged nor financed;
- Entrepreneurs with a previous project worth a minimum of AED500,000 or those with special accredited business incubators in the UAE can be granted a 5-year residency visa;
- Specialists with exceptional expertise working in certain industries such as medicine, science or research are also eligible for up to a 10 year residency visa;
- All foreign workers require a residence visa and a “labor card”. Expatriate employees must be sponsored by their employer to obtain a three year employment visa in Dubai. The employee must i) undertake a medical examination in Dubai ii) show copies of employment contract iii) provide UAE embassy attested academic qualifications and professional qualifications and iv) provide an employer sponsorship letter;
- Employment visas are issued by the Ministry of Labor and residence visa are issued by the Department of Immigration. The labor card is also an identity card and is to be carried at all times;
- Residence visas are granted to dependents of employees. Currently no quota system is imposed on immigration into the UAE;
- Foreign investors with free zone companies must take into account their quota for employee visas is directly proportional to the size of office premises leased. In many free zones the standard rule of thumb is 10 sqm per visa;
- UAE offshore companies are not eligible to apply for employment visas.
Dependent visas for family members
- Once our Client’s entrepreneur or employment visa is secured, Healy Consultants Group will be happy to apply for family visas;
- The estimated timeframe to secure the same is approximately 3 weeks per dependent visa;
- Dependent visas can only be applied after the principal sponsor has obtained i) an Emirates ID card; ii) a signed lease agreement for a UAE residential property, large enough to accommodate all dependents; and iii) the Ejari registration for this residential property.
Important aspects re your visa application
- Before submitting a visa application applicants must:
- supply UAE embassy attested documents. Healy Consultants Group will supply you a complete list of documents once engaged;
- ensure their passport has at least 2 blank pages and a validity of at least 6 months;
- During the visa application process, applicants will:
- Need to travel to Dubai and stay in the country for 5 complete business days;
- undergo a medical examination in Dubai;
- record their biometrics with the Government Authority;
- The employee visa application process takes approximately 4 weeks, counting from the moment of visa submission. Dependent visa applications take 3 weeks;
- If a visa application is commenced with the applicant inside the UAE, the applicant must remain within the country during the entire visa application process. Similarly, if the visa application is submitted while the applicant is out of Dubai, our Client can only enter UAE once the entry permit has been issued;
- The applicant must enter Dubai within 2 months from the date the entry permit is issued;
- The Government enjoys ultimate power of approval of visa applications. Consequently, guaranteed success is outside of Healy Consultants Group’s control. What is inside our control is the preparation and submission of a high-quality immigration visa application that maximizes the likelihood of visa approval.
- Before submitting a visa application applicants must:
- Healy Consultants Group will be pleased to assist your firm to secure visa approvals. Our fee is US$4,950 for the first employee and US$3,950 per employee thereafter;
- Our fee already includes i) the Government deposit of US$800 (AED3,000), refundable upon de-registration of the entity; ii) a medical fitness test of US$235; iii) emirates ID application and card issuance of US$165 and iv) Government application fees of US$US$1,500;
- If required, Healy Consultants Group PLC will also apply for dependent visas. Our fees will be i) US$2,950 for a spouse; and ii) US$1,950 per child.
Frequently asked questions
What Dubai visa assistance services does Healy Consultants offer?Healy Consultants will assist our Clients apply for i) Dubai employment visa ii) Dubai tourist visa iii) Dubai entrepreneur visa and iv) resident Dubai visa.
How long will a Dubai visa be issued for business purposes?Dubai business visa will be issued for 3 years.
What Dubai migration services does Healy Consultants offer?As Dubai migration specialists, we assist our Clients with i) obtaining Dubai visas ii) renting/purchasing UAE property and iii) providing them with information regarding local business and work culture.