Dubai Multi Commodities Centre – UAE Free Trade Zone (DMCC FTZ)
Since 2003, Healy Consultants helped multi-national Clients’ with business set up in every free zone in the UAE.
The DMCC Free Zone advantages
- DMCC Free Trade Zone is the fastest growing free zone in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the only free zone with commercial and residential properties with freehold option.
- Some of the major benefits of this Dubai free zone include:
- 50 year tax holiday on personal and corporate tax;
- 100% foreign ownership is allowed;
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits;
- No currency restrictions and
- 100% import and export tax exemption within the free zone;
- DMCC is located in Dubai on Sheikh Zayed Road, which offer convenient direct link with Abu Dhabi. It is 10 minutes away from Jebel Ali port, one of the largest in the world, and Maktoum International Airport;
- Conveniently, a trading company registered in this free zone may conduct business within the UAE through an agent. This agent can be i) a UAE LLC company that has an import/export license or ii) a logistics company that will clear the goods and deliver them to the mainland. A service companies cannot conduct business outside the Free Zone, exceptions apply;
- Other benefits include: i) optimized requirements for incorporation; ii) less restrictions on staff recruitment and iii) competitive, high quality infrastructure;
- The minimal requirements to establish a subsidiary in DMCC include:
- 1 individual director and 1 shareholder of any nationality;
- physical office space and
- paid up share capital of US$13,700 (AED50,000) per shareholder.
- Healy Consultants will be happy to project manage our Client’s DMCC Free Zone business setup to a timely completion within 3 weeks. Healy Consultants guarantees our Clients a timely, complete business set up solution or your money back;
- The estimated fee for a 20sqm office eligible for 2 employee visas amounts to US$4,700 per annum payable to DMCC Authority;
- Healy Consultants assists our Clients to obtain UAE residence and employment visas. DMCC does not offer Investor Visas, instead a Director’s visa can be obtained. The estimated timeframe to obtain visa approval is 3 weeks. Kindly visit our migration and relocations services webpage (click here) for further information;
- If our Client decides to incorporate with an individual shareholder, no attestation will be required which optimized timelines and costs incurred during the engagement.
The average DMCC Free Zone engagement cost amounts to US$27,500 and includes i) DMCC company incorporation, ii) assistance to locate office premises in DMCC free zone, iii) estimated of government registrations and license fees, iv) our project management fees and v) bank account opening fees. I recommend you carefully read the notes to the invoice to identify additional services your Firm might need.
- To finalize the business registration in Free Zone, each new company must apply and secure a license. DMCC licenses a wide range of business activities related to the following categories:
- Mining & quarrying;
- Electricity, gas & water supply;
- Trading and repairing;
- Hotels and restaurants;
- Transport, storage and communications;
- Financial intermediation;
- Real estate and business services;
- Health and social work and;
- Other community, social and personal services.
- The estimate cost for a Commercial or Service business license is US$5,500 and is to be renewed every year. Trading or Industrial licenses are generally more expensive. With each license, a company can have up to 6 related activities. Additional activities can be added for an additional fee, payable to the DMCC Authority.