India employment visas
Both foreign professionals and investors need to apply for an Indian visa, in order to be eligible to work and relocate in the country. Healy Consultants is ready to proficiently guide our Clients through the application process. Our fee for this service is US$3,950. Different applicable visa are as follows:
- To be self-employed in India, foreign investors need to apply for a business visa (or ‘B’ visa), valid for up to 5 years;
- Foreign entrepreneurs wishing to establish a JV company may be issued the visa for up to 10 years. However, applicants can only stay for up to 6 months during each visit;
- Documents to be submitted at the embassies or high commissions will include i) a valid passport ii) proof of India company formation and iii) proof of financial standing.
- Employment Visa (or ‘E’ visa) is granted to i) foreign employees working in India; ii) foreign paid interns in an India resident company and iii) foreigners volunteering in an NGO;
- Minimum annual salary of each applicant must be above US$25,000;
- Documents to be submitted at the embassies or high commissions will include: i) a valid passport; ii) employer sponsorship letter; iii) employee’s educational and professional credentials and iv) proof of India company formation;
- Foreign employees can obtain employment visa for a period of up to 3 years, which can later be extended for a total stay of up to 5 years;
- To be eligible to work in in India, applicants must further must register with the Foreign Regional Registration Office upon arrival in the country.
- A visitor (tourist) visa will be issued for a maximum period of 6 months;
- Positively, citizens of certain countries such as France, Germany and Luxembourg can obtain a visa for a period of up to 5 years. Furthermore, US citizens will be eligible for tourist visa for up to 10 years;
- Following documents will be required i) a valid passport; ii) proof of financial standing to cover the trip and iii) proof of travel medical insurance.
Alternative visa options
Other than the visa mentioned above, the following specialty visa apply to descendants of Indian citizens as listed below:
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO Card) – The PIO scheme applies to people of Indian origin, defined through their birth or residency, or that of their parents or grandparents and offers a long-term Indian visa solution. PIO cards are granted for a period of fifteen years, and allow their holders to enjoy visa free travel in and out of India. PIO cards allow their holders to freely engage in work or study in India and after the minimum seven-year residency requirement the option to apply for Indian citizenship is available;
- Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) – Overseas citizenship of India allows Persons of Indian Origin who have obtained citizenship of another nation, to acquire long-term leave to remain in India.
Migrate to India
International entrepreneurs find migration to India straightforward thanks to Healy Consultants’ comprehensive relocation services. Kindly find below more information with regards to our services:
- Assistance to confirm the correct type of visa and document collection of required visa due diligence set;
- Liaison and submission of Indian employment and residence visa application with the Bureau of Immigration;
- Healy Consultants helps entrepreneurs and their families obtain permits allowing them to live and work in India. Healy Consultants’ fee to assist our Client obtain a work permit is US$3,950.