Panama employment visas
After incorporating our Client’s business, Healy Consultants will apply for the requisite visas on our Client’s behalf. Our experts will prepare the application forms and submit them to the local embassies/consulates. For this service, we charge our Clients US$3,950 per person. To date, we enjoy a 100% visa approval record.
- Individuals who wish to be self-employed in Panama can enter the country through an investor visa. An entrepreneur applying for this visa must i) have US$160,000 as the minimum paid up share capital and ii) hire at least 5 Panamanian citizens or permanent residents;
- Entrepreneurs incorporating an export business in the Panamanian Free Zones can apply specifically for a Tax Free Processing Zone Investor visa whereby they must agree to work for at least 10 years;
- The approved visa will allow our Clients to stay in the country for 2 years, after which a permanent residence visa may be granted. After 5 years, our Clients can apply for Panamanian citizenship.
- Foreign employees must apply for a work permit and residency visa to enter Panama for employment purposes. Documents to be provided will include i) a valid passport ii) the employer’s letter of sponsorship iii) copies of employment contract and iv) bank certificate showing an account balance of at least US$5,000;
- The visa approval process for foreign staff in Panama takes an average of 6 to 8 months.
- This visa is issued for 3 months for the purpose of tourism. Documents required are i) valid passport ii) tickets for the return journey iii) bank statements to prove that visitor has sufficient money to cover entire trip iv) medical insurance covering the visitor’s time in Panama and v) documents declaring the purpose of the visit;
- The Panamanian government charges an application fee of US$50 to review tourist visa applications.