Kuwait employment visas
The two primary types of visas available for people conducting businesses in Kuwait are: i) work visa which is provided to employees through their company and ii) resident visa which is only available to individuals already holding a work visa.
Healy Consultants Group PLC can assist our Clients by preparing the application on their behalf as well as submit it to the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor. Healy Consultants Group holds an exceptional visa approval success rate.
Overview of Kuwait Visa Types:
- Entry Visa:
- Before an employee is permitted entrance to Kuwait, an entry permit must be obtained. The entry visa permits a stay of up to 30 days renewable. GCC nationals can enter Kuwait and live in the country with minimal formalities.
- An entry visa is also required in the following situations; all of which require sponsorship from a Kuwaiti national, resident or company:
- Family visits;
- Medical Treatment Visas;
- Dependents visas, which can only be issued once the sponsoring individual has gotten their own Visa. Dependent visas can only be sponsored by men, and only those earning a salary above KD450 (US$1,475) a month. Dependents are not allowed to work while in country on a dependent visa.
- Work Visa:
- Engineers seeking visas in Kuwait are required to register with the Kuwait Society of Engineers (KSE) during the visa application process. Our Client should budget for an additional US$495 per engineer’s visa application.
- Staff will be required to collect their own Civil ID’s from the Public Authority of Civil Information (PACI) in person, once the document is ready.
- The following documents will be required for each individual’s visa application
- A passport with at least two blank pages and which is valid for a minimum of 2.5 years.
- A police clearance certificate (PCC) attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Kuwait Embassy in the applicant’s home country, which should be valid for a minimum of three months.
- A University/College degree attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Kuwait embassy in the applicant’s home country.
- A medical fitness certificate supplied by an approved clinic. The Kuwait embassy in the applicant’s home country can advise which local clinics are approved.
- Resident Visa:
- Foreigners in possession of a work permit are eligible to obtain a residence visa. Residence visas are issued for a maximum of 5 years but are done so on a case-by-case basis;
- Once an employee’s residence visa has expired, renewing the visa will require input from both the employee and the sponsor.
- Tourist Visa:
- Business Visa:
- A Kuwait business visa is issued for short-term visits, to entrepreneurs flying regularly into the country.
- While, this visa will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue, it only allows the entrepreneurs to stay in the country for a continuous period of 1 month;
- Healy Consultants Group PLC is able to assist our Clients with applying for a resident visa after Kuwait company formation.
Frequently asked questions
- How long will a Kuwait visa be issued for business purposes?
A Kuwait business visa is issued short-term to entrepreneurs flying regularly into the country. While, this visa will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue, it only allows the entrepreneurs to stay in the country for a continuous period of 1 month. Healy Consultants may also assists our Clients with applying for a resident visa after Kuwait company formation.