Switzerland employment visas
After Switzerland company formation, foreign professionals willing to work in Switzerland will need to present certain documentation including passports and visas for entry into Switzerland. Please note that the visa application fee will depend on the nationality of the individual.
- Only EU/EFTA individuals can immigrate to Switzerland to be self-employed;
- A national visa and residence permit will be issued if the application is approved. This can be done only after formation of the business in Switzerland;
- Application documents presented will be i) proof of Switzerland business formation ii) proof of office premises iii) proof of accident insurance iv) personal bank and corporate bank balance and v) business plan.
- For employment, EU/EFTA citizens will not require a Switzerland employment visa;
- Non-EU/EFTA nationals will require a residence permit to be employed. The employer will have to prove that Swiss residents were not denied the work opportunity.
- Certain nationalities do not require a visa for stay of less than 3 months;
- Citizens of other countries will apply for a Schengen visa;
- Application documents to be submitted will be i) passport ii) bank statements to prove entire trip is covered iii) travel health insurance with coverage of €30,000 and iv) documents declaring the purpose of visit.