DOING BUSINESS IN UAE
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC has efficiently and effectively assisted our Clients with UAE company registration. We project manage and advise on i) registering a company ii) obtaining municipal and operating licences iii) corporate banking options iv) visa applications v) employee recruitment strategies and vi) office space rental solutions.
|Summary||UAE trading LLC||UAE Professional services LLC||UAE Fast solution LLC||UAE offshore company||UAE Free zone LLC||UAE Limited Liability Partnership||UAE Representative office||UAE Branch office|
|Specifically||Dubai LLC||Dubai services LLC||Dubai nominee LLC||RAK offshore LLC||DMCC Free zone||Dubai LLP||Dubai RO||Abu Dhabi Branch office|
|Best use of company?||Trading||Professional services||Close a customer deal now||international trading||Global trading||Professional services||Marketing & research||Specific project|
|Our Client needs to travel to this country?||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|How soon can you sales invoice UAE customers?||1 month||1 month||2 weeks||Cannot||Cannot||1 month||Cannot||2 months|
|How soon can you sales invoice global customers?||1 month||1 month||1 month||1 month||1 month||1 month||Cannot||2 month|
|How soon can you sign legal contracts in UAE?||1 month||1 month||2 weeks||Cannot||Cannot||1 month||Cannot||2 months|
|How soon can you hire staff in UAE?||1 month||1 month||1 month||Cannot||1 month||1 month||1 month||2 months|
|can be wholly foreign owned?||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Resident director/partner/manager/agent required?||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|minimum paid up share capital?||US$50,000||US$1||US$50,000||US$1||US$15,000||US$1||0||0|
|Can bid for Government contracts?||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Corporate bank account location?||Emirates NBD||ADIB||Noor Bank||Emirates NBD||Noor Bank||ADCB||ADIB||ADCB|
|Can secure trade finance?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Limited liability entity?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Average total engagement costs?||US$20,000||US$20,000||US$38,500||US$10,870||US$24,950||US$20,000||US$23,250||US$34,840|
|Average total engagement period?||3 months||3 months||4 months||1 month||2 months||2 months||4 months||3 months|
Tell us what you need - we’ll send you a customised proposal in 5 hours!
To help us engineer the optimum UAE corporate structure, please complete the 3-minute questionnaire below; then press the submit button below.
Within 5 hours, one of our senior staff will ring or email you:
- Corporate structures in UAE are virtually fully tax-exempt;
- Multiple world-class free zones operate in UAE, making the country a booming industrial hub;
- The absence of personal taxation and world-class infrastructure are also great incentives to form a business in the UAE;
- UAE offers foreign investors a strong political stability in an unstable region of the World;
- Abu Dhabi and Dubai are the undisputed financial centers of the Middle East.
Benefits and problems of registering a company in the UAE
Press the link headings below to read detailed, relevant, up to date information.
Benefits and problems
Benefits of UAE company registration
- The UAE is the preferred destination for the foreign investment in the Middle East because:
- UAE ranks 16th in the world in the Global Competitiveness Index and number one in the Arab Word with the best business environment and infrastructure;
- The country has the 2nd largest economy in the Arab World, with its GDP having grown 231 times since 1971. This has been the result of the country’s extensive oil reserves, its growth as a transport and aviation hub and its liberal business environment;
- The two major financial centers, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are both located in the Middle East and provide offshore facilities that are major attractions for foreign capital;
- Despite offering lucrative tax advantages, United Arab Emirates is not blacklisted as a tax haven by either the OECD or the FATF;
- With the preparations for the Dubai Expo 2020 underway, the country’s economic growth is expected to accelerate and spur business development.
- Our Clients setting up in the United Arab Emirates will benefit from numerous tax advantages including:
- If properly structured, a UAE company is an ideal way to legitimately book international profits without paying local corporate taxes;
- Exemption from income tax for both foreign entrepreneurs resident in UAE and company employees working in the UAE;
- A simplified financial reporting system that is not obligated to annual statutory auditing;
- Exemption from capital gains tax, withholding tax or value added tax (VAT).
- Our Clients registering their businesses in the UAE Free Zones will benefit from:
- 100% foreign ownership of the enterprise;
- Corporate tax exemptions for up to 50 years and complete tax exemptions on import and export duties;
- There are no exchange controls and no restrictions on repatriation of capital and profits abroad;
- Availability of readymade ultra-modern offices, warehouses and factories;
- Assistance with labor recruitment and additional support services, such as sponsorship and housing.
- The UAE is an attractive jurisdiction to establish a global offshore company because:
- An offshore company can be 100% foreign owned and only requires one director of any nationality and must not be resident in UAE;
- The entity is 100% exempt from taxation on international business activity and income. Additionally, no auditing is required;
- This entity provides higher level of confidentiality as directors, shareholders and UBOs are not disclosed to the public;
- Registering an offshore company is fast and straight forward and all corporate documents can be provided in English.
- Other aspects that make United Arab Emirates attractive for setting up a new business include:
- UAE has a high demand for foreign goods and services and thereby has the highest per capita incomes in the Middle East;
- UAE is establishing world class industrial zones through economic diversification with priority given to petrochemicals, building materials, chemical industries, metal industries, food industries, oil and gas services, and transportation sectors;
- It is cost-effective and easy to recruit foreign employees from all over the globe due to the country’s liberal labour policies;
- The country permits foreign ownership of properties, is home to perfectly organized infrastructure and exhibits very minimal crime rates.
Problems with UAE company registration
- Our Clients setting up and operating businesses in the UAE stand to encounter challenges because:
- Each Emirate and Free Zone within the UAE has its own corporate laws that govern company setup process that can be complex and time consuming;
- Setting up a local limited liability company in mainland Dubai requires mandatory 51% UAE national shareholder and thereby cannot be wholly foreign owned;
- Operating a company in the UAE can be very costly due to high business setup costs and demanding rental requirements and costs;
- The government tenders favor UAE nationals and companies with UAE nationals. Disputes with shareholders and agents cause serious problems for foreign investors. For example, Abu Dhabi courts can impose precautionary restraint on company assets pending the adjudication of a commercial dispute.
- Our Clients setting up in the UAE Free Zones will experience certain limitations including:
- Free Zone companies are only license to operate within the Free Zone boundaries and may not transact elsewhere in the UAE;
- Trading companies registered in the Free Zone must appoint a local agent or distributor in order to trade their products within the country;
- Free Zone companies must appoint a locally approved audit firm before commencement of activity within the Free Zone;
- Different Free Zones impose i) minimum requirements for office and warehouse space and ii) restrict the number of employment visas per space;
- While incorporating in the Free Zone, our Clients will be required to comply with national laws, emirate laws and individual Free Zone laws which can be highly complicated and cumbersome.
- Other limitations that our Clients establishing their business in the UAE stand to encounter include:
- Majority of visas and licenses filed on behalf of the company can only be sponsored by UAE nationals;
- The UAE offshore company can neither trade products or provide services within the country, nor rent local premises;
- Share capital must be deposited before the business registration process is complete. Healy Consultants will arrange for the share capital to be lodged into a resident bank, which will issue a certificate confirming the same. This certificate is presented as part of the incorporation process;
- Depending on the Emirate and type of activity, the business license registration process in UAE can often take up to 6 months to complete.
- The UAE is the preferred destination for the foreign investment in the Middle East because:
Best uses for a UAE company
Gateway to the Middle East and Africa
- A UAE business allows foreign entrepreneurs to tap into the lucrative growth of the Middle Eastern and African (MEA) markets. Emirates like Dubai and Sharjah boast highly developed infrastructure, making the country the perfect distribution center for trading companies;
- Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the most business-friendly cities in the MEA region. In addition to world class infrastructure, these cities have highly liberal trading policies with no quotas or barriers to discourage foreign investments. Furthermore, companies in these emirates enjoy a highly favorable image across the globe.
- Foreign investors can set up a tax-exempt UAE company that allows them to collect proceeds from subsidiaries incorporated within MEA region;
- The UAE is the most livable country in the Middle East, at the confluence of East and West. Liberal laws along with first-class work, residential infrastructure and low taxes have made the country highly attractive for foreign businesses;
- According to the World Economic Forum 2015 – 2016 Competitive Rankings, UAE has the world’s best roadways, 2nd best aviation infrastructure, 3rd best ports and overall world’s best transport infrastructure. Hence, a UAE resident company can serve as a regional distribution headquarters for our Clients.
Frequently asked questions
How many directors are required when starting a new business in UAE?2 directors must be appointed for registering a limited liability company in the UAE, while only 1 must be appointed if you register a free zone company in UAE.
How many shareholders must be appointed for company registration in the UAE?For registering a company in UAE, only 1 shareholder is mandatory. However, foreigners looking to register a business in the UAE must have a local partner owning at least 51% of the business unless establishing within a free zone.
Is it mandatory to have a resident director or shareholder for successful business registration in UAE?Shareholders and director residence requirements will vary depending on the type of corporate entity chosen by our Client. A resident director/shareholder may or may not be required when registering a company in UAE.
Useful links for UAE
Government and public authority websites:
- PWC UAE – Doing Business
- Taxation in the UAE
- UAE labour Law and its Amendments
- Corporate Compliance in the UAE
- UAE immigration Laws and Procedures
- Commercial Companies Law
- Doing Business 2015: UAE Economy Profile
- United Arab Emirates Outlook 2015