Democratic Republic of Congo employment visas
Healy Consultants will be happy to assist our Clients to apply for a residency visa or to hire foreign workers for their DRC company. Our service includes the preparation and filling of a quality immigration application, which will optimize the probability of timely approval of the visa.
Find below more information on the visas offered by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo:
- There are 2 types of establishment visas i) regular establishment visa ii) special establishment visa;
- Regular establishment visas are issued for foreigners that i) are engaged in trading activities; ii) missionaries and iii) those trading with diamond and gold, and it is valid for 3 years, renewable;
- Special establishment visas are issued for promoters and agents of newly incorporated companies that have been approved in the investment code, and are valid for 5 to 10 years.
- There are two type of work visas in the DRC, i) a regular work permit and ii) a work specific permit;
- Regular work permits are issued to foreigners who have an employment contract with a company registered in DRC. These visa are valid for 1 to 2 years, depending on the contract;
- Work specific-visa are issued to foreigners employed in a short-term contract and it is valid for 1 year, non-renewable;
- Applicants must present i) a valid passport with at least 6 months validity ii) 4 passport pictures iii) international vaccination card iv) proof of qualification, such as academic degree, and a v) certificate of service.
- Foreigners that wish to secure a permanent residency permit with the DRC;
- There is no validity for a residency permit, and permit holders are free to transit in and out of the country;
- To be eligible, applicant must i) have stayed in the DRC for at least 15 years, ii) exercised agricultural, liberal, commercial or industrial activities and iii) be in good standing with the tax authorities.
- Foreigners that wish to visit the DRC may apply for tourist visas in one of the DRC’s embassies and consulates;
- Foreigner must i) hold a valid passport ii) show proof that it has adequate means of subsistence and iii) show proof of place accommodation;
- The visa is valid for maximum of 6 months.