Ecuador employment visas in 2023
Foreign professionals need to have a valid visa, in order to be eligible for work in the country. Applications can be sent to the various Ecuador missions abroad, which will then be referred to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Human Ability. Healy Consultants will guide our Clients through the application process. Our fee for this service is US$3,950. Different applicable visa are as follows:
- Individuals wishing to be self-employed will apply for a work visa after their Ecuador company has been incorporated. This visa will be issued for an indefinite period;
- Documents to be submitted will include i) a valid passport ii) completed visa application form iii) updated criminal record iv) proof of Ecuador company formation v) business activities of the company vi) proof of share capital vii) original photographs and viii) payment slip for confirming the application fee has been paid.
- Foreign nationals wishing to be employed in Ecuador will apply for a work visa. This visa will be issued for an indefinite period;
- Documents to be submitted will include i) a valid passport ii) completed visa application form iii) completed personal details form iv) sponsorship letter from the company v) original photographs vi) profile of the company vii) employment contract viii) proof of Ecuador company formation ix) resume of the employer on the company’s letterhead and x) payment slip for confirming the application fee has been paid.
- A short-term visa can be granted for i) tourism and ii) business purposes. This visa is granted for a period of up to 6 months, with the minimum permissible period being 3 months;
- To secure this visa, documents to be submitted will include: i) completed application form ii) valid passport and iii) proof of financial standing.