12 steps to incorporating a company in Gibraltar in 2022
The Gibraltar company incorporation and opening of its corporate bank account are not complicated and can be completed in a period of about five weeks.
Conveniently, our Client will not have to travel to the country during the engagement. The incorporation process is as follows:
- Prior to Gibraltar company incorporation, Healy Consultants Group PLC requests our Client to i) settle engagement fees payable for the engagement, ii) sign and return our engagement letter and iii) provide us with all required due diligence documents from each shareholder, director and the beneficial owner of the company;
- Our Gibraltar Incorporation Team drafts a detailed engagement project plan. This plan will map out, week by week, each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency and thereafter meeting Client expectations;
- Healy Consultants Group PLC assists our Client to decide on i) proposed company’s name and ii) the optimum corporate structure including directors and shareholders;
- We will then reserve the company name and obtain the initial registration approval from the Companies House of Gibraltar.
- Once name reservation is completed, our Team will courier all registration documents to our Client to sign and send us back. Thereafter, Healy Consultants Group PLC will draft the Memorandum and Articles of the company and notarize the same;
- In accordance to Section 178(1) under the Management and Administration of Gibraltar companies’ law, our Client is required to file an address with the Companies’ House to which official correspondences can be sent and statutory records can be inspected;
- The Client may use their own physical space in Gibraltar or request Healy Consultants Group PLC to provide a virtual office space; this service is also included in our standard service offering;
- Lastly, our Team will submit the documents along with the annual audited accounts on behalf of our Client and proceed to register the company with the Financial Services Commission.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC’s Banking Team will collect all necessary due diligence from our Client and details of the proposed company’s activities and complete corporate bank account opening in Gibraltar. We work with one of the recommended international banks outside Gibraltar to provide corporate bank account services.
- If required, our Firm requests our Client to deposit the required initial capital into the corporate bank account and obtain a receipt. To maintain its tax-exempt status, the non-resident company shall not have a bank account in a bank situated in Gibraltar;
- After incorporating a company in Gibraltar, our Firm will then advance to register our Client’s employees with the Department of Social Security;
- Following completion of the engagement, Healy Consultants will courier a full company kit to our Client, including original documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.