Oman trademark registration
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC has been efficiently and effectively been assisting our Clients register trademarks around the world, including Oman, to protect their intellectual property. Foreign investors should expect Oman trademark registration to take up to 3 weeks.
About Oman trademark registration
- Oman is a member of both the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and World Trade Organization (WTO). As a result, the country commits to protect intellectual property and trademarks to international standards;
- A trademark adds significant value to a business, giving the trademark owner rights including: i) ownership of a certain trademark and ii) the right to prevent others from using the same or similar mark without permission;
Oman trademark registration steps
- Our Client provides Healy Consultants Group PLC with i) due diligence ii) legalised power of attorney (PoA) to complete trademark registrations iii) clear prints of the item for trademark registration iv) Certificate of incorporation for the company the trademark will belong to and v) a clear list of what the trademark covers (branding, products, services etc.);
- Our team prepares a complete quality trademark registration application, including logos, symbols, phrases etc. our Client wishes to trademark, as well as the restrictions on the use of the same. Once complete, we utilise the PoA to submit the quality trademark registration application to Oman’s Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI);
- MoCI reviews the application to ensure it is acceptable, does not violate any other current registrations and complies with their requirements. Should MoCI issue a rejection or amendment order, Healy Consultants Group PLC and our Client will appeal the ruling within 60 days;
- MoCI provides Healy Consultants Group PLC with trademark approval, and authorisation to publish the trademark on public platforms. This step is mandatory to allow any third party to object to the trademark registration;
- MoCI considers trademark registration to be complete and the rights of the trademark to be the legal property of our Client.
Healy Consultants Group PLC will help your Firm register a trademark in Oman, including preparation and submission of a quality application to MoCI. Our fee for this service is US$3,950. Every additional class registered is US$500. More information on Healy Consultants Group’s global trademark registration in services can be viewed on this webpage.