Bulgaria employment visas
All foreigners looking to work in Bulgaria are required to secure a work visa from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Healy Consultants will assist our Clients by preparing a quality visa application and submitting it to the Bulgarian authorities. Our fee for this service is €3,950. For more details, please refer to the information below.
- Non-European Union entrepreneurs who wish to work and do business in Bulgaria are required to obtain a long term multiple visit permit;
- Mandatory required documents required by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs include: i) a valid passport ii) a recent passport-size photo iii) proof of sufficient funds iv) proof of insurance policy obtained within the EU and v) an acceptance letter;
- There are two types of long term multiple visit permits, namely: i) one-year multiple visit permits and ii) five-year multiple visit permits;
- The one-year multiple visit business visa is called visa “Type D”. This visa can be issued for one year or six months, depending on the intended stay in Bulgaria. Type D visa is suitable for small enterprises, branch offices and representative offices who aim to hire no more than 10 employees.
- Our Clients find it easy to hire foreigners in Bulgaria, due to the simplified procedure and low requirements imposed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Healy Consultants will optimize this process and manage the administrative burden on our Clients’ behalf when they want to hire a foreigner in Bulgaria. We will do this by preparing and submitting the work permit application on our Client’s behalf to Bulgaria’s Employment Bureau;
- Documents to be submitted with the employer’s assistance include i) three personal photos of the proposed employee ii) a copy of the proposed employment contract iii) a copy of the employee’s passport iv) the company document set v) proof of the employee’s education and qualifications and vi) confirmation of the number of foreign employees currently working for our Client.
Short term transit visas (Type A)
- For foreigners travelling through Bulgaria wishing to stay in the special transit zones available on each entry points are required to obtain short term transit visas;
- Required documents to support this visa include i) valid passport copy ii) signed visa forms iii) one recent photo and iv) ongoing ticket reservation.
Blue card visa
- This specialized type of business visa is reserved for professionals with high skill levels in fields promoted by the Bulgarian Ministry of Labour and Social Policy;
- Minimal requirements to secure this type of visa include: i) University degree ii) high starting salary and iii) permission from the Bulgarian National Employment Agency;
- Foreigners who already have hold a similar EU Blue Card in another member state, need not to apply again for a Bulgarian visa. Instead, they may simply obtain written permission from the Bulgarian National Employment Agency.
Government liaison services
- All Bulgarian companies and foreign entrepreneurs require the services of a Government Liaison Officer for their visa and/or residential requirements. Healy Consultants will efficiently and effectively i) secure visas and resident permits for foreigners, ii) secure resident certificates for European citizens, iii) secure resident cards for foreigners who are family of European citizens, iv) submit labour quota applications, v) obtain driving licenses, and vi) appoint a company Manager;
- In addition, Healy Consultants assists our Clients with i) import and export documentation, ii) typing and translation services, iii) Foreign Affairs attestation services, iv) health cards for employees, v) vehicles registration, vi) company sign board, vii) telephone and fax application, and viii) electricity and water application.