New Zealand employment visas
New Zealand is a welcoming country for foreign investors and entrepreneurs who want to run their business from New Zealand. Healy Consultants will assist our Clients by preparing the visa application and submitting it to the New Zealand Immigration Services. Our fee for this service is US$3,950. To date, we enjoy 100% visa approval record.
New Zealand boasts two different types of entrepreneur visa programs which make it easy to migrate to the country, even for owners of smaller businesses. Granted through a point system, these two visas types are:
The entrepreneur visa
- Our Clients may apply for an entrepreneur visa if i) they are English speaking and ii) invest over US$80,000 in their New Zealand business. To get approved, their application will also be assessed by the authorities according to criteria including i) their business experience ii) the feasibility of their project iii) jobs created in New Zealand;
- Upon approval, our Clients will receive an entrepreneur startup visa valid for 1 year. If their business meets expectations, such visa will be converted into a full entrepreneur visa, valid for 2 years (then 3 years after renewal);
- Documents required to apply for an entrepreneur visa are i) a valid ID ii) an English certificate (waived for candidates from English-speaking countries) iii) an extract of judicial record iv) a certificate of deposit of at least US$80,000 and v) other documents required as evidence for points claimed for the application assessment;
The investor visa
- Investor visas are available to foreign entrepreneurs, provided that i) they are English speaking ii) invest over US$1.2 million in their New Zealand business for 4 years and iii) have at least 3 years of business experience. Unlike entrepreneur visa applications, our Client will not be subject to additional authorities requirements;
- Upon approval, our Clients will receive an investor visa valid for 3 years. Renewal after three years is automatic, provided the visa holder i) has not withdrawn its investment and ii) has stayed 146 days per year in New Zealand;
- Documents required to apply for an investor visa are i) a valid ID ii) an English certificate (waived for candidates from English-speaking countries) iii) an extract of judicial record iv) evidence that the candidate holds US$1.2 million in assets and v) a detailed business plan, inclusive of a feasibility study;
- Our Clients investing over US$8 million may also apply for an investor plus visa, granting additional benefits including i) no requirement to speak English and ii) reduced residency requirement of only 46 days.
- Employers willing to hire non New Zealand/Australia nationals are required to obtain an i) essential skills visa for unskilled positions or ii) a skilled migrant visa for skilled positions. Such visas are valid for durations of up to 2 years, after which they can be i) renewed or ii) transformed into a permane
- Documents to be submitted by the employer include i) a copy of the employment offer ii) identification documents for his company and iii) evidence that no available worker in New for the position (for essential skills visas);
- Documents to be submitted by the employee include i) a valid passport ii) an extract of judicial record and a police certificate iii) copy of the employment contract iv) an English certificate (for skilled workers) and v) evidence of degrees and work experience required for the position;
- Our Clients may alternatively apply to a special work program in order to hire i) engineers ii) farm workers iii) restaurants chefs and im China, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
- These visas are issued for 3 months for the purpose of either tourism or short-term unremunerated business;
- Documents required are i) a valid passport ii) bank statements to prove that the applicant holds at least US$800 per month spent in the country and iii) a return ticket;
- Our Clients will benefit from a visa waiver, if they are citizens of any one of 60 countries including i) Australia ii) all EU countries iii) Singapore iv) the USA v) Hong Kong vi) the UAE and vii) Saudi Arabia.
Migrate to New Zealand
International entrepreneurs find migration to New Zealand simple thanks to Healy Consultants’ comprehensive relocation services. Our services related to migration to New Zealand include:
- Assistance obtaining New Zealand employment and residence visas from Immigration New Zealand. To assist migration to New Zealand, Healy Consultants will obtain permits for entrepreneurs and their families of all nationalities allowing them to live and work in New Zealand. Healy Consultants’ fee to assist our Client obtain a New Zealand work permit US$7,950;
- Examples of New Zealand visas available to international entrepreneurs and business people include i) Entrepreneur Category (This is a new category of residence for entrepreneurs who have successfully established businesses in New Zealand.) ii) Long Term Business Visa (New multiple entry business visa for up to three years and renewable after that, for people interested in establishing a business in New Zealand who do not want to live here permanently. This is particularly for those who may wish, eventually, to apply for residence under the new Entrepreneur Category.) and iii) Investor Category, (To encourage investors who will actively participate in New Zealand’s economic growth and development by awarding higher points to younger people keen to take an active role in business as well as to those with business experience and significant funds). Furthermore, Healy Consultants assists Clients to obtain Dependant’s Visas for family members. For more information on the different types of New Zealand Visas, please refer to The New Zealand Visa Website;
- To support the visa application, Healy Consultants prepares a comprehensive business plan detailing our Client’s proposed business activities in New Zealand, a market analysis and financial projections, and a convincing outline of reasons for migration to New Zealand;
- Healy Consultants offers personalised orientation programmes for international entrepreneurs planning migration to New Zealand. Typical programmes include introductions to banks to open personal bank accounts, visits to key points of business interest in the neighbouring countries around New Zealand, as well as tours of commercial and residential property (see also point 5 below), international schools (see also point 6 below), social clubs and recreational facilities. In summary, Healy Consultants offers a one-stop service for migration to New Zealand;
- Before or following immigrating to NZ, Healy Consultants guides Clients through all aspects of renting or buying a property in New Zealand, including in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin and Tauranga. We arrange property viewings according to Client specifications and budget, provide assistance with the drafting of lease agreements, and arranging for efficient connection of utilities. Furthermore, Healy Consultants provides introductions to New Zealand or international banks (for example in Singapore) to obtain property financing;
- Prior to or following migrating to New Zealand, Healy Consultants assists Clients to find suitable schools in New Zealand for their children. Examples of assistance provided includes providing information on international school fees, waiting lists and curricula;
- Prior to or following migration to New Zealand, some international entrepreneurs request tailored cross-cultural training programmes covering New Zealand business etiquette and protocols. Some Clients request advice on communication, conflict management and negotiation, and sales and marketing techniques in New Zealand.